herghly

Stuck in a job

23 posts in this topic

On 23/04/2019 at 9:44 AM, herghly said:

For those of you who work full time and work on your business at night how do you have the energy?

I'm in the office from around 9-6 and by the time i get home i don't have the will power to discipline my self. I'm still waking up early to have time to meditate for 45 minutes, but i can't help think that's a waste of my energy.

I know I need to find a way to focus my attention on building my online business so i can leave my full time job. There's just so many problems and I don't have the money to just quit

I have similar shit I've experienced in the past with the workplace. Read the book on Japanese minimalism. There's other books but, I found that one valuable. The point is to get expenses way down. Dave Ramsey says, "rice and beans. Beans and rice." 

Wake up earlier. Start your hustle once you wake up. Break after work and then jump back on. Space repetitions. 

Is your business making money? If you get expenses way down, it will be easier for you to pull out of your day job. The biggest factor being that, it must produce and make money. Not be a hobby. Furthermore, your business will not out produce your day job. With expenses down, once you make more than enough to pay for expenses, you are free. 

Acquire remote work twice a week. At least once. Do 100, more working remote then in the office. Read 4hr work week by Tim Ferris. Click bait title. Don't let it put you off or on. Just read it. No commute or less commute. If they want let you work remote, move on. Look for another gig that will. Even 1day a week working remote is excellent. The sec you minimise expenses and you make even a dollar more, you can move on. 

@soeasy Give it a try on Etsy and ebay. I bet you could do great if you keep up at it. Selling a product you make is great once you scale it enough. Large batches and bulk inventory start cutting out the time taken to make each thing individually. 

I want to trip to explore consciousness and creativity. I have some ideas to implement