Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MLKFan

Meditation with back problems

5 posts in this topic

My nigga, I got scoliosis so meditation hurts me. After 20 minutes it starts to hurt and I have to sit with the pain however long I choose to meditate. This is not practical for hour+ long sessions. What should i do? Particularly, I like doing strong-determination sittings. I don't want to give up strong-determination sitting, if possible.

@MLKFan try using a chair. I personally use a chase lounge type chair with a pillow behind me keeping me upright and straight back but completely relaxed. 

Practice lying down meditation (it will take some practice not to fall alsleep while meditating)

Or walking meditation 

In the meantime strenghten you back, if possible. Do what you can and what feels good for your body, don't stretch to your limits. Listen to your body. Watch Joe Dispenza (he has a story on how to heal yourself), learn letting go to release pain by David Hawkins.

Meditate with back support, either in a chair or lying down. Meditating in a sensory deprivation tank could also be a good idea.

A friend of mine struggled with back problems until he started doing tai chi. It's also a form of meditation, so I would definitely recommend that in your case.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Squat if you can. Best meditation posture. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.