Druid420

Thinking in the 3rd Person

8 posts in this topic

So as my NN-DMT journeys continue (now down to once a week, to allow for proper processing) I have noticed myself at times thinking of Druid420 in a 3rd person context. I've found this to be very helpful

-for example, Druid420 might be entrenched in the deep dark hole of youtube suggested videos and not want to go to bed, but then the thought comes 'Maybe it's time for Druid420 to get some sleep.' 

By doing this I've found my convictions to be much less corruptible (oh just one more video), and that my judgement is much less marred by the ego's narrative.

Just thought I'd share this - If you have any thoughts please share. If you decide to try and practice this please let me know how you fare! :)

I like this a lot! Byron Katie talks about this occasionally in her workshops and books. She explains that once you see through ego, the mind becomes still and thoughts become much simpler and more practical. For example, “I really need to eat now” turns into “women getting up and going to the refrigerator.”   As if you’re watching a movie of a human percpetive rather than identifying with it.

Changing the language of our inner dialogue to be in alignment with no-self is an important step. These thoughts tend to be less resistant and negative, therefore not triggering the ego (if it still exists for you).

Thank you again for sharing and I will give this a try :) 

Also known as dissociation. 

Dissociation is any of a wide array of experiences from mild detachment from immediate surroundings to more severe detachment from physical and emotional experiences. The major characteristic of all dissociative phenomena involves a detachment from reality, rather than a loss of reality as in psychosis.[1][2][3][4]

Dissociation is commonly displayed on a continuum.[5] In mild cases, dissociation can be regarded as a coping mechanism or defense mechanisms in seeking to master, minimizeor tolerate stress – including boredom or conflict.[6][7][8] At the nonpathological end of the continuum, dissociation describes common events such as daydreaming. Further along the continuum are non-pathological altered states of consciousness.[5][9][10]

more at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation_(psychology)

Wonder how effective this is. Doesn't this just create an "I must talk in 3rd person. I must remember this new way of thinking" thought that one is identifying with anyway. Seems like silly mind games. 

20 hours ago, molosku said:

Wonder how effective this is. Doesn't this just create an "I must talk in 3rd person. I must remember this new way of thinking" thought that one is identifying with anyway. Seems like silly mind games. 

It is exactly silly mind games.

Maybe it won't work for you, everybody is different - but I thought it might be helpful for some.

20 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Also known as dissociation. 

Western psychiatry tries to label everything and the truth is they don't understand 90% of it. Day dreaming is a form of meditation which unfortunately is suppressed instead of influenced :( 

Edited by Druid420

48 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

Day dreaming is a form of meditation which unfortunately is suppressed instead of influenced

What?! Day dreaming is the opposite of meditation. 

25 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

What?! Day dreaming is the opposite of meditation. 

Why?