breathe582

Can I achieve actualization on hormonal birth control?

7 posts in this topic

I'm a 19-year-old female who takes daily hormonal birth control pills, but I've had conflicting thoughts about how it may impair my progress on my self-actualized journey. 

I've done a lot of research on hormonal birth control, and I've read studies that suggest it alters the structure of the brain, pheromones, and emotions. I've experienced some mood swings while on birth control, and I find it difficult to source whether my emotional problems are coming from deep, internal issues or the birth control itself. 

I'm just wondering what everyone's different take on hormonal birth control was from an enlightened standpoint. I know the stance that often is discussed on this forum and Leo's channel to have an unaltered experience of reality (meaning no medication that alters emotions, not being dependent on anything, etc.). 

Should I rely on non-hormonal forms of birth control (condoms), or could I still achieve self-actualization while on birth control? 

My worst fear is eventually going off birth control, and learning that all of my progress has been falsified in some way. 

Any opinions are welcome, thank you!

@breathe582

For the time being I would side with practicality and commonsense over any ideas of being a purist. Over time you can learn more and ponder what's right for you and how you want to go about it.

As a 51 yr. old male, I'm not very qualified in giving an answer about this. Although a few years ago I faced a similar conflict about actualizing and working on myself while on the SSRI Paxil. It worked out though and I was eventually able to get off the Paxil and work at actualization continues.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

5 hours ago, breathe582 said:

My worst fear is eventually going off birth control, and learning that all of my progress has been falsified in some way. 

That is not going to happen.

It wouldn't be real progress if it could be falsified so easily.

That is like saying, if I learn math while on birth control, after I go off birth control will the math still work?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@breathe582 you can get enlightened very fast without! it takes 9month and a lifetime of enlightenment happens.

i have a friend who got enlightened that way with 19 and i wouldn’t recommend it.

no seriously only change the situation if you have an alternative - if you are not in a longterm relationship you should consider if you need dubble protection or not.

It may not be an option for you. The natural birth control pill is to not have sex.

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

It may not be an option for you. The natural birth control pill is to not have sex.

well, yeah that’s how it happened to that friend... decisions are not what makes the consistency.