Patrick Lynam

empath

70 posts in this topic

This is certainly true, and most highly aware individuals have these capabilities. Empaths however have an additional capability in the way that they interact with energy.  In my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

This is certainly true, and most highly aware individuals have these capabilities. Empaths however have an additional capability in the way that they interact with energy.  In my opinion. 

Possibly a perception or focus regarding the energy 

@Patrick Lynam This is an interesting topic. I've often wondered whether labels such as empath or sociopath are applicable to me. In the end I think no such labelling was useful for me. I don't know whether I'd use the label empath, but I'm maybe a "highly sensitive person". Absorbing people's vibes and the atmosphere has always been a very palpable experience for me. Like the mood and vibe of the room, yeah that's definitely a thing. However, I should be careful about the degree to which I project false meaning onto my on experiences. One thing I will say though, on the other hand I'm very capable of being ruthless. And I think all people can find both these opposing natures within them. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Possibly a perception or focus regarding the energy 

Yeah, if you think about energy at a basic level my energy interacts with your energy and in conjunction with verbal communication and gestures we both gather and intuit information. I think perception could play a big part and it could be similar to the way psychics receive information if you will. There could be extra "receptors" all the way through the process. Interesting. I might go talk to a psychic. Don't know one do you?

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Patrick Lynam This is an interesting topic. I've often wondered whether labels such as empath or sociopath are applicable to me. In the end I think no such labelling was useful for me. I don't know whether I'd use the label empath, but I'm maybe a "highly sensitive person". Absorbing people's vibes and the atmosphere has always been a very palpable experience for me. Like the mood and vibe of the room, yeah that's definitely a thing. However, I should be careful about the degree to which I project false meaning onto my on experiences. One thing I will say though, on the other hand I'm very capable of being ruthless. And I think all people can find both these opposing natures within them. 

Can I ask you a question.? Can you explain "the vibe of the room". For example is the vibe consistent? do you get different energy patterns or is it overtaken by the dominant people? What does it actually feel like to you? What do you mean by absorbing people's vibes. I could guess but I'd prefer to have your explanation. Thanks. 

Edited by Flatworld Crusades

5 hours ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

Can I ask you a question.? Can you explain "the vibe of the room". For example is the vibe consistent? do you get different energy patterns or is it overtaken by the dominant people? What does it actually feel like to you? What do you mean by absorbing people's vibes. I could guess but I'd prefer to have your explanation. Thanks. 

It's hard to put into words, I think its sort of like a 6th sense that everyone has. Its probably at least partially explicable by some sort of subconscious processing your brain does. Yeah I think that the vibes you feel in a room are the sum of everyone there, but it's very easy to get mentally preoccupied/unsettled by one or two flavours there.

How does it actually feel like? I think are two things going on. One thing that goes on is that I feel like I get a  hunch/intuition of the temperament/emotions of another person. What sort of state they are currently are in.But the second thing which goes on is my reaction to what I feel. Like "this atmosphere is bad" or "I must get away from this person". Since I have anxiety, I can have a heightened emotional/physiological. Sometimes my physiological/emotional response is a few times larger than what I actually have a hunch about, so I wish to be careful that I'm not projecting false meanings to these experiences. 

I think when it comes to absorbing it, i think it's just that people are in different modes/frequencies and you can choose whether or not you want to artificially imitate that frequency and become more similar to that other person. Sometimes the choice isn't fully yours, and the vibe of a room can feel overwhelming. On the somewhat rare occasion you encounter a "frequency" you like it feels good to embrace the vibes someone else emits.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Thanks, do you mind if I ask you some more?

you know very few people have a sixth sense around energy. You'd be one of a small group of people. :D

when you get overwhelmed by the vibe, how is it that you relinquish your choice? What process is happening that the energy  overpowers you?

as a possible sociopath are you able to manipulate & control people through charisma ?

On 28/04/2019 at 3:42 PM, Flatworld Crusades said:

when you get overwhelmed by the vibe, how is it that you relinquish your choice? What process is happening that the energy  overpowers you?

as a possible sociopath are you able to manipulate & control people through charisma ?

I think for anyone who's decently put together, emotionally calm they have a choice in getting overwhelmed. I am not this however so my mind/emotions just become a bit neurotic when I don't like the vibes. Like all emotions and mental states you find yourself in, its all about what you cause yourself to feel. So you're in an atmosphere for example, something feels off/lacking/dry about the people you're talking to, and then your mind/body just enters fantasy mode in reaction. I think the thing which can frequently feel off/lacking is the sensation that many people around you are inauthentic, blocked or clunky in some way. I feel it goes beyond whether someone is warm or cold. 

No I don't think I'm able to manipulate people through charm and charisma. I'm a nerd. 

Thanks for this.  You're definitely some type of sensitive. Your energy may be more advanced than your consciousness. It will be interesting to see when you develop more awareness (although what you have looks pretty good), if you develop a charismatic side - that's if you want. 

Empaths are definitely a real thing. But just like with anything in life, you will have the fakes who claim to be they are the real thing when they aren't.

I recently realized I'm an empath as well. As I dive deeper into my personal development and continue my spiritual journey, I get new insights about myself and the world almost daily. Everyone has some type of gift they were born with. It's up to you to discover who you are, and what your gifts are.

My intuition is also very sharp. I can instantly read the energy of the room and the people around me. I can spot fake people miles away. They can fool everyone else, but they can't fool me. People feel very threatened around me because they know I can see right through them.

My special gift is the ability to transmute dark and negative energy. I have always had a lot of negative energy thrown my way. I absorb this negative energy from the ones who send it, and then let it brood inside of me. Then I throw this energy back at the people who sent it to me with the same level of intensity they send it at. What ends up happening is their energy shifts and becomes lighter. Their bad behavior ceases and they start to act kinder to me and those around them.