Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SriBhagwanYogi

Sadhguru's programs

6 posts in this topic

To take Inner engineering or not what do you guys think. And why is Sadhguru charging his reatreats i can just learn kriya free or other pranamayas for free I can take Vipassana course...? 

@SriBhagwanYogi In real life shit costs energy, which equals money.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

8 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

To take Inner engineering or not what do you guys think. And why is Sadhguru charging his reatreats i can just learn kriya free or other pranamayas for free I can take Vipassana course...? 

You can learn a free Vipassana (there is this organisation which does 10 day silent retreats) course but the problem with free is that they are usually booked for months in advance. I tried booking a vipassana course in may and Im on a long waiting list.

Anyway I did inner engeneering and its a good way to kickstart a practice. They call it Isha Kriya and I would say its very similar to Kriya yoga. It was not easy however quite hard actually.

Sadhguru does run a more commercially orriented organisation. You can book trips to India for other programs or go volunteer. Doesnt bother me to be honest as long as they dont overdo it.

Edited by voxun

Dr Gabor Maté shares his Inner Engineering experience. Some people may know this guy. His some kind of teacher that deals with addictions and he works with psychedelics also.

Why the program costs money

"I don't want to throw my life at irresponsible people" #sadhguru

A video from Evarton team football coach and his experience.

Edited by Salvijus

One who cannot dance cannot live. Because life is dance

@SriBhagwanYogi

The advantage of Sadhguru's programs is that they will teach you the practice in a wholesome way meaning that they will demonstrate the practice to you, correct you, you will be able to ask questions, but also they will explains various things around the practice instilling some wisdom to help you establish the practice on a daily basis.

Another dimension that personaly I don't experience is the energy, it is said that Sadhguru's energy is also at work on you during the programs, another term for it is shaktipat and Leo paid a lot of money to receive shaktipat from a yogi before walking out of it to work with 5meodmt.

All this will impact your system in a lot more wholesome manner than reading instructions from a book. And as Voxun said you do the program and you can directly start practicing without worrying about studying it further from a book.

Another thing is that Sadhguru is basically building an infrastructure around the world to help people establish the practices. You will have access to monthly Sathsangs in your area (if present). In his Indian ashram he's also starting a 7 month free of charge program named Sadhanapada where you will be able to work towards yoga in the most wholesome manner possible, giving you access to an engineered way of life, temples and specifically designed food. Without proper food I would say that Hatha Yoga can be a hell for years instead of months (if you push towards full proper postures). That is in addition to the volunteering opportunities that he's creating everywhere as well as in his ashram.

Now, to me, since I don't understand the energy side of thing, all this is aimed at establishing and deepening the yogic practices as well as enriching your life in general. If you think that you can reproduce with fidelity the instructions given by a book and practice on daily basis without further help then you may go ahead and work with a book. But I'm talking about a book like JC Steven's who dedicated himself to rentranscribe the instructions from a reverred master like Lahiri. Don't use random books, I think Leo is a decent filter for that.

While Leo and other people seemed to be able to establish practices on their own keep in mind that he at least also did Inner Engineering as well as various other workshops (vipassana retreats, holotropic breathing maybe, etc...) at the beginning of his spiritual career.

Edited by Tetcher