AlwaysBeNice

Using the force of God as an excuse to have sex your son's wife?

148 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@mandyjw I don't like how we ended this conversation, so I'm going to respond again.
Physical body does not die upon enlightenment. You are reacting to your imagination.

If I buy you some popcorn, will you shut up and let me watch the movie? :) 

You're right, the physical body does not die upon enlightenment. Enlightenment can only occur in the present and it is a state of being that is beyond concepts or death. But in practical life you experience this state then you go to bed, wake up and remember that you have to use the bathroom, and there's a YOU and a BATHROOM and you have an ego again. That conceptual, permanent concept of FUTURE enlightenment and ego death is one and the same as physical death. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

But in practical life you experience this state then you go to bed, wake up and remember that you have to use the bathroom, and there's a YOU and a BATHROOM and you have an ego again.

Ahahaha OH MY GOD I CAN'T BE ENLIGHTENED BECAUSE I HAVE TO GO TO THE TOILET.
THERE IS A ME AND THERE IS TOILET SO NONDUALITY IS FALSE.

There is no practical life anymore.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

18 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Ahahaha OH MY GOD I CAN'T BE ENLIGHTENED BECAUSE I HAVE TO GO TO THE TOILET.
THERE IS A ME AND THERE IS TOILET SO NONDUALITY IS FALSE.

There is no practical life anymore.

It's hilarious but yes, there's IS a point where the ego has to remain intact in order for your physical being to exist. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

It's hilarious but yes, there's IS a point where the ego has to remain intact in order for your physical being to exist. 

Yep.  This is another point that a lot of people don't seem to acknowledge.  They think they can totally get rid of the Ego or kill the Ego entirely.  It's little points like this that people don't seem to grok and they go off into concept-land and idealism.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

They think they can totally get rid of the Ego or kill the Ego entirely.

If there is a trap, there is striving. If there is ego, there is striving.
Don't tell me that you felt that I'm undermining your teaching, gadfly.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

8 hours ago, tsuki said:

@mandyjw You are a breath of fresh air this place needed. Great post.
I resonate with what you wrote a lot.

Don't expect Leo to meet your criticism with a serious response though.
This is an enterprise that is entangled with his livelihood. He's not going to give up what he's selling.
I'm not saying this to berate him in any way. I consider this a service to us.
He's giving up a part of his personal growth so that this place can flower. This commands respect.

There are pros and cons to turning personal development into your career.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

21 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

the ego has to remain intact

HAS TO. Ohohoho.
Just give me the popcorn already!

33 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I see it as people's definition of the ego is incorrect.

The ego, aka the default mode network, SHOULD BE AN INTEGRATED TOOL for people to use to survive in the world we live in, in the physical plane.

In the conditioned unawakened person, the ego runs the show and all the ego cares about is the seperate self.

People on the path seem to think that the ego after enlightenment will be the same ego as before enlightenment and therefore the ego is the enemy, and has to die.

But, and I say this is MY OPINION because I cannot speak of enlightenment because I am not enlightened, I think enlightenment is simply the permanent merging of the ego and the real you,

Nonduality  = no duality

duality = the dual aspect of living from an ego and the real you.

I also find it funny when not-enlightened people tell me it is a FACT that I am wrong. You can actually see their ego get triggered by your statement.

I have highlighted the important aspects of my reply in red to show the irony.

Edited by thesmileyone

@thesmileyone I completely agree but where do you draw the line?

@tsuki HAS TO, HAS TO, HAS TO!!! It's a good movie, just sit back and enjoy it.

Where do you draw the line? What is ego and what is not? What is an appropriate amount of separation and what is inappropriate?  

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What is ego and what is not?

@mandyjw Ego is thought. Time.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It has.

The most amazing thing about reality is that it is intelligible. Nothing is arbitrary.

Human logic is a tiny splinter off God's logic.

It's not just patterns and survival. I'm talking about understanding the metaphysical structure of reality and why it is the way it is. There is no accident or randomness to it. It has a Logos.

Eyyy

Leo, you finally understand what I meant when I said Reality and Logic go hand-in hand! Awesome!

Edited by Ethankahn

6 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@mandyjw Ego is thought. Time.

Can't argue with that. :) 

26 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Can't argue with that. :) 

Without thought or purpose, no.

And still, have a body and be able to piss. And talk.

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki You don't want to watch the movie with me? Come, eat the apple of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It tastes good. Come join me in paradise. You won't be kicked out again. That only happened the first time because you didn't realize that God and the serpent were one and the same. 

@mandyjw What's your point? That I'm ideologically non-ideological?
That I'm egotistically against ego? That I'm thoughtfully thoughtless?
That I plan to be in the now?

How does that work?

@tsuki I'm only saying that you (and by you, I have no idea if YOU tsuki are guilty of this or not but plenty of people here are) don't allow yourself to enjoy life as fully as you could. 

@mandyjw I know, you're doing this out of love. Did love save you?

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki Yes. 

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

@mandyjw I know, you're doing this out of love. Did love save you?

Tsuki is on fire like I've never seen before lol.  :P

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@tsuki Yes. 

How did it feel to admit that?
How would it feel to leave this memory behind?