dude

Waking up on time

21 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2016 at 2:11 AM, Harry said:

Lay in bed as you would if you were about to go to sleep and tell yourself repeatedly "when that alarm goes off, I'm jumping straight out of bed" . 

@Harry Thanks for the advice!

I did this last night and it turned out being super effective!

Not only did a I repeat the phrase before going to sleep, but the moment the alarm went off in the morning I started repeating it out loud, and suddenly the horrible feeling of having to get out of bed somehow dissipated.

I find that other useful tips can be:

-        Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, this hydrates you and is proven to kickstart your metabolism.

-        Wash your face with cold water to feel more awake.

-        Having a morning routine you look forward to. If I’m not excited about my day, focusing only in the first things I’ll do in the morning really helps. This things can be: meditating, working out, reading something inspiring, watching a motivational video, or preparing something special for breakfast . Even if I have to wake up earlier to do so, I feel much less sleepy and more positive the rest of the day than if I’d slept one more hour.

-        Write down the night before your schedule for the morning, so the moment you get up, you know exactly what to do, and you don’t lose time making decisions, even the very simple ones. Also leave everything you might need prepared the day before.