Massimiliano Giudice

Wim Hof Method - Infos, buying, sharing

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

Happy to write my first post on this forum.

Do you ever heard about Wim Hof?

This is a guy who can stay hours in the ice cold water, just in shorts. He has developped techniques and an online course about what he believe could be a method to combat health disease, depression, injuries, create a better life style and, as he said create a meditation method as itself. 

Now I've tried this breathing techiques for a while and then dropped, but since I was doing it I've definetely seen the benefits and wated to go a bit deeeper with it.

Do you ever tried?

Hey welcome! Here's an earlier thread about it with some shared experience 

Yes I have been doing the Wim Hof Method for 2 years now. The reason I began it was because of the YouTube video that sold me on the idea, "If you do this method, you will NEVER be sick for the REST OF YOUR LIFE." Indeed, I have never been sick with a cold/virus/flu/allergy since doing the cold showers.

Let's make it brutally simple, even more simple than what Wim Hof adocates, and I like him as a teacher because he is very easy about his approach, he is non-dogmatic, he is non-pressure, and he says to BUILD UP SLOW AND GENTLE. This is the secret to mastering anything in this lifetime; to be the totrotise with consistency and gentleness, over time. Be a farmer not a sprinter.

So there are really only 2 aspects to the Wim Hof Method:

Cold Showers.

Deep breathing, as in the above video. 20-40 breaths, and then a breath retention. It is a form of Pranayama Wim Hof's personal way.

That's it.

He discusses another pillar in his course which is mental commitment. A lot of the course is about psychology as well as physiology which many people do not appreciate or it just goes over their heads. If one wants to progress to superhuman levels like Wim can (which we can), then mental determination and commitment is not optional- it is NECESSARY.

Yes he goes into some yoga exercises, stretches, conditioning. There is some aspects of meditation. There is some aspects of awakening the 3rd eye. There is some aspects of breathing exercises which turn up the electricity in the body and light the body on fire (hence there motto Inner Fire). Wim Hof has his views on spirituality and religion which naturally get spilled into the stranger breathing exercises. So when people say "do you do the Wim Hof Breathing?"- they are referring to the video above usually. But in the course, there are about 4 different styles of breath retentions and exhales, and one must be VERY VERY VERY careful to go slow, because doing those breathing exercises in their extremes too soon will make you feel horrible.

Wim Hof is extremely psychic and has more knowledge than he shares online or anyone in the public will be ready to believe.

The 10 week online course was the one I got. He over-delivers on content, some of it is quite repetitive once you get the basics, but really it's a great aspect any person can do in their daily life.

I do a variation of his breathing during my meditations: 5 breaths in, one breath out, hold repeat for 15 minutes.

If you want to begin cold shower training, the first 2 weeks is this: at the end of a hot shower, turn the water to cold (or however cold you can bear) to 30 seconds. Your skin and body adapts to the cold over days and weeks, so on day one it will be freezing, and by day 10, you will still feel the shock but your body magically feels invulnerable to it.

Have fun with it, and don't take it too heavily or seriously. It's amazing but there is a simplicity to it you cannot complicate. Sadly, and greatly, Wim Hof is humble enough to limit himself to interviews and the occasional retreat; he aint trying to sell much else.

The guy is quite wealthy since the course first got released, so don't feel guilty downloading is somewhere. Im sure soon it will be free to everyone anyways.

Yes there are several topics on Wim use the search bar :)

I still use the technique from time to time i did 3 sessions after some Yoga the other day 3mins, 4mins, 5mins breath hold then remained in a meditative state for a while which i find very effective to get you in a deeper state quicker.

Its also good before sleep, when awakening and before exercise/cold showers.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Not too sure. One cannot know someone elses extent of abilities because words and labels of the psychic community are limited.

He can 'feel' the energy blockages of other people. He can tell by ability if they are healthy or not.

Little bit clairvoyant.

Highly sensitive.

Edited by JohnnyBravo

19 minutes ago, Stenne said:

@JohnnyBravo are cold showers not just a placebo? Sound to good to be thrue ^_^

Ha it’s been proven scientifically to increase white blood cells, blood flow,  cardiovascular health, and fight disease, just google it. 

15 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@DrewNows  Is that psychic powers?

No. I know nothing of the sort. But what seems to be apparent is how deeply he knows himself based off of what he claims to have gone through and endured. He made a friend out of pain and fear by letting go of the known and surrendering to the now 

Its not cold showers,

Its exposure to frosty cold environments that force the body into a different state.

But if a man thinks its just placebo, cool.

Youll never be sick the rest of your life. Your immune system will be robust. Instant source of a good energised mood- need only proove this to yourself by taking a hot shower and notice how slow you feel afterwards. Your skin feels smoother and heals somehow.

As for the breathing, I rarely have enough discipline to do 30 power breaths or a mini breath work session. I am too lazy and I did it for a year, but after a year the breathing progressions stopped for me. You begin the first month with 30 breaths, next month 40. I plateaued and if I wanted to improve, one will eventuay have to be doing sets of 100 breaths. Wim doesnt say this in the course but based on the progressions, this is where you will be heading. I just dont have inspiration to do that at this time.

Also after about 5 months, the initial high you feel after the breathing- the tingling in the hands and feet and face.....well, you adapt and I dont feel that at all. I was worried because initially I thought I was doing the breathing wrong, but no, I had just adapted and forgot all about the tingling. I need to do about 70 breaths to feel any tingling at all and its usually by the 3rd set.

So like I have said, my continued version of the breathing is I just do between 5-15 breaths, with a breath hold, and use this breathing cycle throughout my do-nothing meditation sits. Because the number is lower, my mind doesnt have to count or calculate. I just do as many breaths as I want. Sometimes its 5, sometimes 25. But I dont count because its not relevant.

If I feel my meditations are slippery, then I will stick to my 5 breath rule and count my retentions for the sake of concentration practise. But if I feel settled, I dont bother with this and just let my mind drift off and even the body rests still. You will need less sleep if you do this method (long term).

Another variation I do is I exhale 100%. Wim says exhale about 70% or so, and your breath retentions will be longer if you follow this advise.

The benefit to this breathing is you can feel centered fast. The results are instant and demonstrate them to yourself. This is what sold me on Wim Hof; the results are instant after day 1. A breathing session reveals there is veracity in the method. Its non gimmicky or snake oil.

Another trick for rapid fast development and training of the body is the most painful exercise Wim advises: get bag ice, put in bucket of cold water, and stick your hand or foot straight in and hold it for as long as comfortable. The longest I can do is 8 minutes and that was with 2 months practise. Its painful and because of such I stopped doing it every morning. But its an instant pain killer release to the body.

To summarise main benefit is feeling healthier, feeling stronger, and the benefit that you will never have a cold or flu or virus the rest of this human existence if you simply have a 3 minute cold shower once a day.

14 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Also after about 5 months, the initial high you feel after the breathing- the tingling in the hands and feet and face.....well, you adapt and I dont feel that at all. I was worried because initially I thought I was doing the breathing wrong, but no, I had just adapted and forgot all about the tingling. I need to do about 70 breaths to feel any tingling at all and its usually by the 3rd set.

Glad it wasn’t just me. It had me worried as I was doing ice baths and once or twice I really pushed my limit with the fear I didn’t have proper breathing bringing on the hypothermia. 

Anyways great break down man!

I’d say this is as powerful as any meditation someone does...the cold water drives you right into the NOW if the breathing hasn’t ? 

I'm doing the wim Hoff every day for the last 2 and a half years. I for the last year I didn't have a warm shower. I I used to be sick at least 4 times a year, now there is none of that. Every morning I wake up with my girlfriend, we do 40-50 breaths for 3 or 4 times, cold shower, meditation and off to work. I even do it before every meditation, cuz it brings me into the first or second jhana and the mental clarity just boost my meditation sometimes up to 40%. 

I have tried DMT a few times and I must say in the weekend when I have the time I sometimes do it for an hour, hour an half, maybe two hours and the body awerness and emptiness is just like on DMT. The plus is that I'm high on my own supply all day, and if I build up, say if I do the second day again a half an hour I'm on the peak again, and if I keep on every day doing 30 to 40 minutes of breathing, after a few days you will fall into emptiness with out effort. Not only fall in emptiness, more like you will be pusshed into it. I also meditate at least for  2 hours a day so that helps too. 

Plus I have never feld good in my body till now, it's so good to be in my skin, it's so comfortable like I'm in my most coziest clothes ever. And my subtile body man, because of the ice bath I can become awere of every tiny millimeters everywhere on my body, I do not exagerate. And I feel so strong I swear in my lucid dreams I'm a God now. Like my subtile body is like a superheros body. I can go on for so long about the benefits. For me the wim Hoff, Holotropic breathing and meditation gave me the best boosts for awerness. 

Edited by Arnold666

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@DrewNows

Absolutly!

Certainly if I dont have a cold shower for 3-4 days (rarely happens), then after 4 days, one cold shower i feel 'normal' again.

Its kind of like being fit at the gym: when you are fit, ironically, you dont KNOW you are fit.

But if you take one month off, it is only then you realise how strong you were, and at what a high level you were at.....Its only when you are unfit can you appreciate how fit you were.

For me this is similar to getting adapted to the cold showers and the breathing- only if you stop, then start again, you realise how healthy you were.