Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mintberrycrunch

Psychosis induced by sleep deprivation

6 posts in this topic

I know that being sleep deprived can produce psychotic and schizophrenic symptoms, but I was wondering about the specific and typical experiences that come with sleep-deprived psychotic episodes. Today I experienced something which I would categorize as a psychotic episode as a result of sleep deprivation. I hadn't slept in at least 48 hours and as I was talking to a friend, for a split second, it felt like I stopped existing. It's hard to explain, but it was like I was falling out of existence and reality was sort of not happening. It felt similar to the sensation of ego loss that you can experience in meditation. 

I hope someone can help me understand what is happening in a psychological, chemical and physical sense. Also, I hope to hear about similar experiences. 

Psychosis is nothing more than the fear to let go of the EGO and seeing reality directly through 6th sense only. 

I know this because i had once 2 weeks of sleep deprivation. 

So, Awakening in plain words is psychosis, schizofrenia, you name it... but, the one who awakens and follows breath in a short time will come to realize that all that are just facets, small bits of an entire picture. 

Maybe the fastest way to awaken is to not sleep. The majority freak out because they did not suffered in their lives. 

So what is happening to you is simply how EGO DEATH feels like :) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Powerful stuff. Maybe you really don’t exist? Never had that experience, but I was in psychosis aka spiritual awakening for straight 8 months. Crazy magical stuff happened that If I told you about it you would think I’m crazy or simply think I’m lying. But I will never forget that period, never. It was a great awesome period in my life.

Welcome to reality ? 

Edited by Highest

I know what you mean.  I used to work 2 full time jobs and would sleep zero to four hours per night.  Falling asleep at the wheel type of crap ??‍♀️???‍♀️ There have been times where I’d watch my hands cut vegetables or something when meal prepping and my hands felt separate from me and I felt like I wasn’t even controlling them.  Very strange but cool at the same time.  

Yes and when it feels like reality isn’t happening! Sort of like you’re dreaming and don’t know it until you become lucid in moments. Hard to explain..

Think this all relates to monks who stay awake meditating for days? ?

First time i had the same glimpse of non existing or the no-self i just freaked out. I had trouble sleeping the first night and i was not able to focus on my work next day. I could not accept my non-existing the first time i realised it.  You have to accept that you don't exist, just surrender to it. Im at least now getting better at surrendering my self to the fact that i don't exist.

On 12/03/2019 at 8:26 PM, Hellspeed said:

Psychosis is nothing more than the fear to let go of the EGO and seeing reality directly through 6th sense only. 

I know this because i had once 2 weeks of sleep deprivation. 

So, Awakening in plain words is psychosis, schizofrenia, you name it... but, the one who awakens and follows breath in a short time will come to realize that all that are just facets, small bits of an entire picture. 

Maybe the fastest way to awaken is to not sleep. The majority freak out because they did not suffered in their lives. 

So what is happening to you is simply how EGO DEATH feels like :) 

?‍♂️ 

Sleep deprivation produces a “high” that mascarades as awakening, but truth is, it  leads sooner or later to dangerous consequences.

Edited by Gabriel Antonio