Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7Masterkeys

Meditation leads to Demotivation, Complacency, and Lack of Vision

8 posts in this topic

Hey self-actualizers, now that I have your attention, let me clear out that I love meditation and I am passionate about it. I've been meditating everyday ( missed a few days, and taken intentional short breaks) for 5 years now.

I am in my mid twenties, I want to be building my future life, carrying out my purpose, and all that good stuff. When I meditate, I feel so at ease with the present moment, everything is beautiful and perfect as it is, (and it is), so I find perfect Peace in the silence of my living room. However it leaves me not wanting to carry out tasks, accomplish goals, create a vision, get shit done. 

This is a problem because if I don't get my shit together I'm gonna regret it and create unnecessary suffering, working an unfulfilling job, yet I my gut tells me quitting meditation isn't the right way, I feel too neurotic without it, (I only do it for 40-60 minutes. )

Can any of you relate?

Now I just meditate for around 10-15 minutes and I do visualization for the next 10-20 minutes and It has really helped to put some drive into my life. Hope this tip helps.

note: There are a few good articles online about this, as well as articles with the opposite view in favor of meditation.

@7Masterkeys The feeling of separateness when in public needs to be worked through. 

I feel the same way; bouts of extreme bliss in solitude, but awkward rigidity and anxiety when in social situations that could stir up my ego.

How effectively can you maintain thoughtless awareness? 

What kind of judgements do you have?

These are questions that i have been working through that are helping me with embodying more Being when doing day to day tasks, accomplishing goals, etc. 

Yeah I get you.

Whats happening sounds very normal. Youre perging your being, and after this you are a bit shocked your running around doing all of these things for peace of mind when all that was necessary was sitting down for 15 minutes.

With meditation you eventually see through all the nonsense people run around doing. You see the illussion of The Game and you see how weak the illussion is.

You have a fear your life mission wont be accomplished because of this new relaxation you have about things.

Its just a phase. Itll pass. Soon youll know in your heart youll fulfill your dreams like its inevitable. The tension will be gone. Once you know this youll feel light as a feather.

Until then, extend your sessions. Try 30 minutes at a piece for the next 3 months.

If it was really something that you want to do you'd have no problem doing it. 

I think when you meditate your desires become more authentic and in line with your natural tendencies thus you no longer feel like your old desires matter anymore. It's like you outgrown them.

It happened to me many times. I used to think oh I'm gonna become this and that. Aften meditation you realize it was a stupid goal that was coming from a certain immaturity. That actually my Inner most desire is very different.

Life maybe has a different plan for you but you want to push your own projections. That's the whole game here. 

Ultimately you'd want to surrender and follow life's tendencies but it's only rare one who listens to this advise, nobody likes to hear this kind of thing, every says keep pushing pushing :D. It's not my advise, this is what every sage would tell you.. this is how every enlightened being lives his life 

You're having a transitional moment between moving from mind to heart. And living by heart often means abandonment of everything that you planned for yourself because heart is playful and spontenious. Mind is always planing planing planing. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

meditation's relaxing effect will only decrease motivation if what drives it is anxiety. Look for better, more authentic intrinsic forms of motivation

11 hours ago, 7Masterkeys said:

Hey self-actualizers, now that I have your attention, let me clear out that I love meditation and I am passionate about it. I've been meditating everyday ( missed a few days, and taken intentional short breaks) for 5 years now.

I am in my mid twenties, I want to be building my future life, carrying out my purpose, and all that good stuff. When I meditate, I feel so at ease with the present moment, everything is beautiful and perfect as it is, (and it is), so I find perfect Peace in the silence of my living room. However it leaves me not wanting to carry out tasks, accomplish goals, create a vision, get shit done. 

This is a problem because if I don't get my shit together I'm gonna regret it and create unnecessary suffering, working an unfulfilling job, yet I my gut tells me quitting meditation isn't the right way, I feel too neurotic without it, (I only do it for 40-60 minutes. )

Can any of you relate?

Now I just meditate for around 10-15 minutes and I do visualization for the next 10-20 minutes and It has really helped to put some drive into my life. Hope this tip helps.

note: There are a few good articles online about this, as well as articles with the opposite view in favor of meditation.

If your motivation comes from the ego, meditation will diminish motivation since it dissolves the ego.

Buddhists have a term call "right action". That means doing things that should be done for the optimal flow of life regardless of how one "feels".

Go deeper and awaken. Use the Breath to awaken the chakras, not only stay in a mediocre trance and peace. There is channeling the Breath and discovery, not only sitting and shallowing the being.  

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.