kieranperez

The Responsibility of Becoming More Developed

32 posts in this topic

I’ve been having a lot of realizations in my own consciousness work and also in the big picture of what’s going on but I’m not going to go into my own backstory behind these realizations as I think a lot of my own posts are too self involved. Hopefully you use this in your own life.

Your capacity to develop yourself in all facets (consciousness, emotionally, career wise, your ability to impact the world, your own happiness, etc.) is going to come down to how much responsibility your able to really take on in your own life. As you become more conscious of how self deception works (not conceptually back actually) in both others and in you, how you help serve all the evil in the world in virtually all that you do (from the clothes you wear, the phone and computer you talk shit and waste time on, to the food you buy, to the stores you go to, to the television you watch, to the taxes you pay, etc.), when you start realizing the root solutions that need to be worked towards, when you tangibly and directly see in others and in you the root cause of all the suffering in the world... 1 of 2 things is going to happen:

1. Your going to grasp the magnitude of what’s going on to the point of utter shock and you grasp the paradox of being in this reality and you actually accept more responsibility to not only become more conscious but to also help elevate others (people, animals, insects, the environment, the planet, the cosmos as a whole, whatever)... OR
  2. You end up abandoning all of this and go back asleep. 

If you actually want to develop yourself to your highest capacities you will not escape this paradox. If you don’t handle the whole paradox you’re either going to play on just one side of the street or you’re going to just fall back asleep. 

Even if you’re a a Buddha level enlightened yogi in a cave that can levitate and bend spoons using siddhis you haven’t really escaped this issue. You still kill plants to eat which is still life. You still have to fulfill survival demands. You still have to leach off a river for water like a person in an apartment does in a big city or like a deer does. Even if you’re free from samsara, all because you play the “i never suffer” card anymore just shows you're only playing half the game. You’re still living selfishly because you’re not serving anything other than you. 

It takes a truly developed being to realize to get off suffering, see how all suffering and people are part of a dream and are you and put yourself in that fire passionately and help them, even if they demonize you and it’s a lot harder to create a higher conscious impact because you’ll have to take the high road and not fall for shortcuts.

You’re not going to win out this paradox nor is it meant to be solved. No matter how much of a victim you pretend to be (myself included) nor how enlightened you (think you) are, you’re going to need to take responsibility once you start becoming aware of the magnitude of the amount of responsibility these awakenings, realizations, and developments come with and the practical changes that are going to need to be made as a result. 

Bite the bullet. None of us as individuals matter. Serve something beyond you. Create a higher consciousness impact in the world. Even if it takes 100 or a 1000 years for that impact to leave any sort of trace after you’re current embodied perspective has been dead. Even if it’s small. This doesn’t mean being a Sadhguru, Christ, Buddha, Einstein, Gandhi, MLk, Ken Wilber or whoever. Nobody is telling you to become Superman and reach Stage Rainbow I Spiral Dynamics. Do what you gotta do. Whatever that is. Just take it on.

Edited by kieranperez

Sounds like you had some insight but I don't agree with everything that you said. All that is required is responsibility and self-love. Are you taking care of your life? Are you taking care of yourself? Are you doing the things you really want do to? To be fully self-developed there are no other requirements.

4 minutes ago, Breathe said:

Sounds like you had some insight but I don't agree with everything that you said. All that is required is responsibility and self-love. Are you taking care of your life? Are you taking care of yourself? Are you doing the things you really want do to? To be fully self-developed there are no other requirements.

You don’t understand the ramifications that come with development and “taking care of your life”. 

What do you "need" to leave behind?  And why do you "need" to leave this behind?  Would it be ok with you if you were just happy right now without "needing" to do anything?  What is clinging to this "responsibility" belief?  (Hint: it's the Mind, the Ego-Mind)

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This is a great video to watch: One of the best videos I've seen

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

You’re not addressing the paradox. Yes, there’s is no existential responsibility. Yeah, be a selfish glutton if you think that’s going to satisfy you. The paradox here is yeah you have no free will so there for there is no responsibility on you to change and at the same time, you’re life ain’t changing until you make a decision. So if you just want to play the cop out non dual card, by all means go ahead. You’re just playing on one side of the street my friend and you’re not addressing the larger issue in the room. Try seeing how long you can do Consciousness work while working on Wall Street or at a factory farm also while trying to get a bigger picture understanding of the world. 

So if you want to just play the nondual “this is all concepts and beliefs” bullshit card, go right ahead. 

Edited by kieranperez

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The-Hamster-Wheel-Lifestyle.jpg

Shallow and mayopic. 

2 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Shallow and mayopic. 

All striving by the Ego-Mind fits this not just the businessman.  Being is not striving.  Don't mistake this to be against striving, because that's just another attachment.  But you gotta see how the Mind is rigging this "need" for more.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Another absolutely fantastic video for people who want to become Enlightened: Mooji just nails it

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor are you going to keep milking other people or are you going actually address what I’m saying? You haven’t addressed a single thing I said. If you want to keep milking other people that’s fine, do that, keep pussyfooting around. Do you understand that spiritual advice that are often filmed is usually depedent upon where that person is coming from, where they’re at in their development and that they’re answers are going to be different?

If you think what I’m saying is that someone has some moral obligation to take responsibility, then you misunderstand. I’m point out that mechanics in self deception and how devilry works. When you actually start developing, responsibility starts to come forth more naturally. You no longer want to keep supporting certain businesses that fuel lower consciousness causes so long as you keep working on your own self deception and stay vigilant for your own selfishness. You actually start wanting to really want to help the world instead of being a fucking leach on the world. 

I’m not even pointing out something new. Leo has even said this in his own videos. 

Its also a balance in reconciliation with the devilry. So long as you are alive and surviving in the world you still are causing evil. How conscious are you though of that? How mindful are you of the game that’s being played? 

As far as I can see from your responses, not very much so. Don’t care if you’re enlightened. You can still be enlightened and still be full of shit and playing on one side of the street. It doesn’t change that. 

If you think your own development take responsibility and also discipline, you’re kidding yourself. 

Edited by kieranperez

@kieranperez Essentially, to recognize the nondual is great and all, but that does not eliminate the dual. And still being in this story, you gotta decide what you want to do in it. Something? Nothing? Develop yourself to better pursue what you want? etc

You're right its very easy to be caught up in the absolute perspective without also considering the relative. They go hand in hand.

The absolute lets you see the strings so you can better manipulate the puppet in the relative.

43 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

@Joseph Maynor are you going to keep milking other people or are you going actually address what I’m saying? You haven’t addressed a single thing I said. If you want to keep milking other people that’s fine, do that, keep pussyfooting around. Do you understand that spiritual advice that are often filmed is usually depedent upon where that person is coming from, where they’re at in their development and that they’re answers are going to be different?

If you think what I’m saying is that someone has some moral obligation to take responsibility, then you misunderstand. I’m point out that mechanics in self deception and how devilry works. When you actually start developing, responsibility starts to come forth more naturally. You no longer want to keep supporting certain businesses that fuel lower consciousness causes so long as you keep working on your own self deception and stay vigilant for your own selfishness. You actually start wanting to really want to help the world instead of being a fucking leach on the world. 

I’m not even pointing out something new. Leo has even said this in his own videos. 

Its also a balance in reconciliation with the devilry. So long as you are alive and surviving in the world you still are causing evil. How conscious are you though of that? How mindful are you of the game that’s being played? 

As far as I can see from your responses, not very much so. Don’t care if you’re enlightened. You can still be enlightened and still be full of shit and playing on one side of the street. It doesn’t change that. 

If you think your own development take responsibility and also discipline, you’re kidding yourself. 

Sorry for trying to help you.  My intentions are good.  Maybe other people can appreciate my posts.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Don’t confuse what I’m saying with some notion that you gotta entrench and whip yourself to elevate the entire world. Like I said, no one is saying to become Superman. I’m not saying have childish fantasies. There is no moralistic dogma that you have to. This paradox will always exist for every human being. 

As you become more thoroughly and we’ll rounded in your own development, there will come a point where you see that your prior unconscious habits and choices do have real world consequences and that you are fueling those things one way or another regardless of whether you live in a cave or in a city. So long as you operate in this relative world, you have an effect one way or another. That’s what I’m saying. Then when you realize the magnitude of what I’m saying, that’s a fucking major uncomfortable ephiphany that can be tough to swallow. 

This is just the case. This is the paradox. I’m not saying go around and be dogmatic towards yourself and others to have a moral responsibility and prosthelitize people into rasing good and blah blah blah. When you accept more responsibility and you continue your growth you’ll realize it can’t be any other way. You can’t hate or judge the game. It’s whats so. See the beauty behind the entire game. See the intelligence and the beauty in the chaos and play both passiontely and dispassionately. You don’t see someone like say Sadhguru flipping out about what’s going on in the world. But he is taking ownership and responsibility of his part in what he can do to the best of his ability to serve and elevate the planet. 

Youre going to be much happier playing your part in a more responsible and conscious way. Doesn’t matter if it’s big or small. If you’re passionate about business, take on conscious and ethical marketing and business and do it better than those who are just feeding others poison. If you want quit junk food, how about having your motivation be to not only be looking and feeling great but stop feeding businesses your support that literally poison other human beings while exploiting other countries for labor, natural resources, etc. I actually have been doing that lately in a very dispassionate and non dogmatic way where I’m not spiteful towards say Ben & Jerry’s and their ice cream company for the shit they do but man, I feel a greater sense of integrity because I’m walking my talk with all this abstract big picture orientation of life. How about being more conscious of what YouTube channels you actually support and give your precious attention to which lends those channels your support? When your personal development goes beyond just you and your petty self concerns and preferences, that’s where fulfillment and higher drives start to come in.

Edited by kieranperez

Non-dualistic nihilism and apathy is a very real problem. Apathy can get confused for enlightenment or dispassion, and people actually think that they're going in the right direction by becoming numb to the realities of existence.

10 hours ago, kieranperez said:

You don’t understand the ramifications that come with development and “taking care of your life”. 

Enlighten me

@kieranperez Your problems stem from mixing the relative and the absolute perspective.

You are projecting your current meaning onto the world. The endgame is not to raise consciousness, or to enlighten everybody.
Once you get it, there will be no point in enlightening anybody else. There will be no anybody else anymore.
You are trying to play a spiritual version of a lesser jihad. It's a distraction.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Reduction of the ego = increase of responsibility = quality and depth of empathy 

6 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Reduction of the ego = increase of responsibility = quality and depth of empathy 

What is it that's responsible?  How is the Ego reduced?  What is the Ego?