AlwaysBeNice

Bhagavad Gita, truly powerful

9 posts in this topic

The bhagavad gita, the most glorified hindu text, and for good reason in my opinion, it truly speaks of deep truths, spiritual and wordly, in a way, that honestly kind of blew me away. Ramana Maharshi referred to it quite regularly.

Honestly Hindiusm is so good, it's based on these truly profound texts, no dogma, no church, just self-study and self-application.

I really like the translation of Shri Purohit Swami, the book is free online, but it might also be nice to the 5 dollar book from Amazon and make the reading a special occasion.

Desire, aversion, pleasure, pain, sympathy, vitality and the persistent clinging to life, these are in brief the constituents of changing Matter.
Humility, sincerity, harmlessness, forgiveness, rectitude, service of the Master, purity, steadfastness, self-control;
Renunciation of the delights of sense, absence of pride, right understanding of the painful problem of birth and death, of age and sickness;
Indifference, non-attachment to sex, progeny or home, equanimity in good fortune and in bad;
Unswerving devotion to Me, by concentration on Me and Me alone, a love for solitude, indifference to social life;
Constant yearning for the knowledge of Self, and pondering over the lessons of the great Truth – this is Wisdom, all else ignorance.

I will speak to thee now of that great Truth which man ought to know, since by its means he will win immortal bliss – that which is without beginning, the Eternal Spirit which dwells in Me, neither with form, nor yet without it.

Everywhere are Its hands and Its feet; everywhere It has eyes that see, heads that think and mouths that speak; everywhere It listens; It dwells in all the worlds; It envelops them all. Beyond the senses, It yet shines through every sense perception. Bound to nothing, It yet sustains everything. Unaffected by the Qualities, It still enjoys them all. 

Can i attain enlightenment reading this text? Leo said that it is possible to attain enlightenment through reading some high quality spiritual text. Can this text point me to the ox?

5 minutes ago, Peo said:

Can i attain enlightenment reading this text? Leo said that it is possible to attain enlightenment through reading some high quality spiritual text. Can this text point me to the ox?

It can have deep effects, ye.

Ramana was also fond of the Ribhu Gita, and was suppose to have said that chapter 26 can induce samadhi (there's a nice narration on youtube to use as a guided meditation as well).

Then i will definitely buy this book

Maybe you need to build emotional mastery

Another suggestion is to just love getting your reality fucked up and look at it something positive. Leo loves getting his reality fucked up 

ops wrong post just ignore what i wrote there 

Edited by Peo

Yes I have known for a long time that the Bhagavad Gita is a divinely inspired text. Perhaps not everything in it but a lot of it is full of great truths. Krishna talks like he is Jesus and yet Krishna was before Jesus, so does that mean that Jesus copied Krishna? They are probably both ascended masters. One thing is sure there are masters before us that have paved a good path to spiritual success.

I highly recommend reading it. It helps that it's quite short too.