Simon

Deep feelings of sadness after meditation

9 posts in this topic

Hi all! Since I started meditating on a daily base (2 month), I experienced on the one hand more energy and focus. But on the other (dark) side, I observe deep feelings of sadness and depression I never experienced so strongly in my life. Did any of you experience the same? Would you suggest continue with the practice or quit? Thanks

How long does it last? meditation can lead to supressed negative feelings to come to the surface. They are being worked through and it should be healthy, as long ad they dont last too long.

Hey, that's actually a great sign of progress. I can completely relate to what's happening to you. When you start off meditating this phenomenon of feeling shitty in the meditation or after it, having compulsive thought streams and any kind of negative emotional feelings might be a little counter-intuitive.

Your subconscious actually starts to release all the bullshit and social conditioning that it was fed in your childhood days and even in today's society. It has to free itself and release that. So this is a very, very good sign that you are meditating probably.

Just go with it and look for a climax of this. From my personal experience these negative sittings come in cycles and are ended with some very peaceful and sometimes even spiritual sits. So look out for that and enjoy the process.

Cheers to you, ;)

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

They last for usually 1 day. Afterwards I feel normal again - As nothing would have happened. Actually even more happy than before. However, after some days/weeks of rest, a new wave rolls on:| thanks for the reply anyhow

Edited by Simon

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Hi all! Since I started meditating on a daily base (2 month), I experienced on the one hand more energy and focus. But on the other (dark) side, I observe deep feelings of sadness and depression I never experienced so strongly in my life. Did any of you experience the same? Would you suggest continue with the practice or quit? Thanks

Definitely continue with the practice. It means that you are becoming more conscious of what is there. It is the only real way out of the sadness. The sadness has always been there, only now you are realizing it. Dirt on the floor is better than dirt swept under the rug. Congratulations on your progress. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Simon

"Something" it witnessing both the sadness and the joy. Inquire who/what THAT is! :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Reframe it as a tangible sign of progress. I love it when I feel crappy after meditation. It means the meditation is working. The subconscious mind is surfacing old mental garbage and purging it. This is what spiritual purification looks like. Most people mistake it for a sign of trouble when actually is very healthy.

Keep going! Don't let up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks a lot people, I will continue my journey!

That is good means u are digesting repressed emotions.

Edited by Fishy