TheAvatarState

All spiritual teachings are saying the same thing...

36 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Aakash said:

I have relapsed and am finding it quite peaceful

relapsed != relaxed

lazy and undisciplined people have a hard time relaxing and often suffer from anxiety and chronic pain.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya for sure, stopping seeking for a while has given me tremendous relaxation, it is still part of the spiritual pursuit, just in a different way. i find that when i feel there is a need to conceptualise and understand one more piece of information, just the "one more piece of information" it stops you from relaxing. However, finding that there is no information that can get you there besides disciplined and repetitive method without mind is soothing otherwise it thinking launches your mind into a frenzy chasing its own tail. 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

i find that when i feel there is a need to conceptualise and understand one more piece of information, just the "one more piece of information" it stops you from relaxing. However, finding that there is no information that can get you there besides disciplined and repetitive method without mind is soothing otherwise it thinking launches your mind into a frenzy chasing its own tail.

yes! there you go :)

unborn Truth

@ajasatya @Aakash I'd say I'm currently in a rapid and violent growth phase. Many ups, many "relapses" week to week. I understand that it won't stay like this, it's just difficult to keep the big picture perspective. I'm keeping the perspective that this violent time is necessary, that I need to experience many ups and downs. Now, when I go through a "relapse" consciously, I no longer beat myself up, and that used to cause further downward spirals. There is a certain primal need (related to the harmonic oscillator that is our ego) for a relaxation into old habits and thought patterns. It's unavoidable! I think it allows us to see the old perspective from many different angles and lights... The fall is almost a sacred thing, and needs to be treated as such, with great care. That's actually when we find what we need to grow the most. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState i just came to the realisation that we may this all backwards, everything is nothingness and nothingness is everything its hard to hold both statements in your end at one time, but when you realise they collapse on eachother, it always leaves you with the same thing being. 

8 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@TheAvatarState i just came to the realisation that we may this all backwards, everything is nothingness and nothingness is everything its hard to hold both statements in your end at one time, but when you realise they collapse on eachother, it always leaves you with the same thing being. 

Yes, the true realization is realizing those statements don't mean anything at all to a rational mind, because it can only conceive of things in a dualistic framework. Being is all there is! That's the hilarity of it! We were never anything but teotl teotlizing! xD

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState LOOOL! so this is what they call the avatar state! then why do you write such things like: AHAHA

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

I'd say I'm currently in a rapid and violent growth phase. Many ups, many "relapses" week to week. I understand that it won't stay like this, it's just difficult to keep the big picture perspective. I'm keeping the perspective that this violent time is necessary, that I need to experience many ups and downs. Now, when I go through a "relapse" consciously, I no longer beat myself up, and that used to cause further downward spirals. There is a certain primal need (related to the harmonic oscillator that is our ego) for a relaxation into old habits and thought patterns. It's unavoidable! I think it allows us to see the old perspective from many different angles and lights... The fall is almost a sacred thing, and needs to be treated as such, with great care. That's actually when we find what we need to grow the most. 

I'm not gonna lie, if i'm right then its quite creative lol! 

Edited by Aakash

2 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Have you seen the movie AI: Artifical Intelligence? It's a Spielberg movie from the early 2000's, and if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it! Your point brought up some fantastic imagery from the movie, and I feel like discussing it here would spoil parts of the movie... I would love to have a discussion on this further if you've seen the movie :)

Nah I haven't seen the film. I might watch it. Sci-fi films can be nice, I remember watching They Live and it gave me an eerie but funny feeling inside. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Aakash Dude, you have no idea... I'm basically tuned into the frequency of infinite humor, what I like to call "lel." Like, everything is infinitely hilarious, and if I allow myself to stay in this mindframe, I'll spontaneously burst into side-splitting laughter. Colors become brighter, and it's almost like a mini-awakening experience. I become very focused and present. If I let it, awareness of the present can overwhelm me to the point that I feel like I'm tripping, and I could either laugh or burst into tears at the beauty. Does any of this make any sense or am I just fucking warped xD

Sent from my iEgo

@lmfao well let me know when you watch. It REALLY ties into what you said earlier. Such a good film, really underappreciated. :)

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState no it makes complete sense! you are those things in the end! so laugh away at yourself looool! i might start doing the same, since i've gone complete full circle on this journey if you get me, i've arrived at this place 2 times before and deluded myself twice over! hows that for karmic energy and banter! thats an infinite joke right there! 

i just got your picture, it makes full sense and is quite good, might find my own picture now 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash if you haven't seen the show Avatar the Last Airbender, then you haven't understood the full context of that scene. It is quite remarkable, ESPECIALLY coming from a show meant for children. I urge you to watch it, it's a spiritual experience in its own right, and made even more amazing considering your knowledge of personal development and enlightenment. :)

Sent from my iEgo

@Aakash HAHAHA the cosmic joke. You were never born. How about the joke that you've actually been here an infinite number of times xD it completely obliterates any seriousness or hard feelings about the current predicament, does it not? 

Allow me to share a wonderful poem called The Skeleton:

Chattering finch and water-fly 
Are not merrier than I; 
Here among the flowers I lie 
Laughing everlastingly. 
No; I may not tell the best; 
Surely, friends, I might have guessed 
Death was but the good King's jest, 
It was hid so carefully.

Sent from my iEgo

a confusing poem when your trying hard to consciously implement meaning 

but it was very creative and lovely theres only one line i didn't get 

18 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

Chattering finch and water-fly

whats a chattering fince and waterfly like is finch a bird ahah! 

@Aakash Yes, chattering finch is a bird, water-fly is an insect. But notice the play on words, the adjectives. Not just a finch, a chattering finch! Not just a fly, but a water-fly! So much more life breathed into the poem! 

If you have time, I recommend listening to this for more context. This is where I found out about the poem:

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState thanks i got the context, but i'll watch it anyway- i was just thrown off by chattering finch and water fly ahahah! that my interpretation went out of wack ahah! i always get the easy things wrong and the hard things right xD nothing new for me under the sun here