Empty

I am having a death experience

52 posts in this topic

Ego death could get you killed in the real world. Best to practice it in the comfort of your own home.

Just now, cetus56 said:

Ego death could get you killed in the real world. Best to practice it in the comfort of your own home.

images(68).jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin That's the funny/true part about ego death. Ego death is never "comfortable" no matter what the circumstances. 

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Shin That's the funny/true part about ego death. Ego death is never "comfortable" no matter what the circumstances. 

Can a person really die of a heart attack from ego death? 

There are people with weak heart and strong ego.

Edited by Good-boy

13 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

What I thought.

Oh boy ...

images(69).jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Good-boy I would'nt doubt that some ppl could scare themself to death. And all over an illusion. Sheesh!

@Good-boy Most ppl would just bail out if something was really wrong. But yes it will get your heart pumping for sure.

I liken ego death to a waterfall. Before the fall there is great turbulance. Over the fall there is only serenity.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Good-boy Most ppl would just bail out if something was really wrong. But yes it will get your heart pumping for sure.

I liken ego death to a waterfall. Before the fall there is great turbulance. Over the fall there is only serenity.

Makes sense. No wonder people spend decades and fail to get enlightened. It's tough for people with a weak heart and strong ego. Not impossible though.

So I read the second last comment of Cetus, then I open my book and get this:

IMG_20190212_222224.jpg

IMG_20190212_222427.png

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Good-boy said:

Makes sense. No wonder people spend decades and fail to get enlightened. It's tough for people with a weak heart and strong ego. Not impossible though.

It's not at all impossable. You can learn through practice to overide your body/mind's natural defalt mode network (DMN) which is governed by the sense of self or ego. Mind over matter. Or in this case mind over body. Why does the heart start to race? Because the mind is sending false messages to the body "Get ready to Run" even though the threat is not physical during ego death.

Someone could cheat a bit on the "dacades of practice" too with bio-feedback.  I tryed using an Em-Wave heart coeffiency monitor and practiced messing with my ego like contemplating death then watching the heart/mind coefficency come in and out of sync . I'll throw some thoughts at the ego like mental images of impending doom. And while it seems like I'm not being shaken by the thought the the graph is showing something different. So you can see where the practice lies.

I'm not making this shit up,

IMG_20190212_232141.png

A clear signal has been send,

All aboard the panic train ???

God is love

And God in them