Eric Tarpall

[Opinion] Masturbation shouldn't be taught to kids

69 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, zambize said:

I don't think it will be pretty, but when has social reform been pretty.  It's not like it was roses and sunshine  integrating different races/religions/political ideologies to the point we have now.   A lot of men just feel hurt, and it's sad to see that coming out in toxic ways, but it seems like the culture around "men don't cry" is starting to go away especially for younger generations.  Looking at younger generation guys, I don't really think they fit societies current views of manliness haha.  I actually haven't been so worried about climate change, I'm sure it could really damage our planet, but I guess I don't expect it to kill off everyone, but I could be convinced I'm sure.  

That's true. I figure that it will probably be scary, tumultuous, and bloody like it always has been. 

There are a lot of hurt men, who have had expectations placed upon them to deny their humanity and emotions and just suck it up and be men. And these communities of pain pop up around the collective hurt that men feel.

So, we have a situation where women have gone through liberation from their gender box, as there is very little boon to living in that box. So, once the social structure changed to liberate women from that box, women were all to eager to get out of the prison of narrow societal conscriptions about what femininity means. And there is still a huge reaction against the feminine from women, because there is a conflation of the societal conscription about femininity and femininity itself. 

But men are still beholden to their gender box. Society at large, still judges men for not being man enough. And men still believe that there is happiness and power to be found in the prison of societal conscriptions about what masculinity means. So, they cling to their prisons in an attempt to salvage their self-esteem only to play a hierarchical losing game and bring themselves lower and even further from their natural masculinity and true center. And they have to walk this very narrow line of what is acceptable for men to be for fear that other men will police their behavior and call them beta or some other feminizing insult.

The thing that makes me doubt our ability to make the jump relative to climate change is that we're about 12 years out from the point where things go past a point where it would be very difficult to return to a change in climate that would have an intense impact on so many eco-systems. But given that there's so much growth and awareness happening, I still have hope even thought it feels like a bit of a long shot.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

21 minutes ago, Emerald said:

That's true. I figure that it will probably be scary, tumultuous, and bloody like it always has been. 

There are a lot of hurt men, who have had expectations placed upon them to deny their humanity and emotions and just suck it up and be men. And these communities of pain pop up around the collective hurt that men feel.

So, we have a situation where women have gone through liberation from their gender box, as there is very little boon to living in that box. So, once the social structure changed to liberate women from that box, women were all to eager to get out of the prison of narrow societal conscriptions about what femininity means. And there is still a huge reaction against the feminine from women, because there is a conflation of the societal conscription about femininity and femininity itself. 

But men are still beholden to their gender box. Society at large, still judges men for not being man enough. And men still believe that there is happiness and power to be found in the prison of societal conscriptions about what masculinity means. So, they cling to their prisons in an attempt to salvage their self-esteem only to play a hierarchical losing game and bring themselves lower and even further from their natural masculinity and true center. And they have to walk this very narrow line of what is acceptable for men to be for fear that other men will police their behavior and call them beta or some other feminizing insult.

The thing that makes me doubt our ability to make the jump relative to climate change is that we're about 12 years out from the point where things go past a point where it would be very difficult to return to a change in climate that would have an intense impact on so many eco-systems. But given that there's so much growth and awareness happening, I still have hope even thought it feels like a bit of a long shot.

Yeah we have some knots to unravel, I often have the thought "wow, these are the dark ages", just because we have soooooo far we could go in society.  I guess with climate change my worry is that kind of everyone has to be onboard at some point, we can't have a few countries destroying the planet for everyone, so maybe there are hang ups in say getting China to not pollute like China does.  I could see a  few species going extinct, and maybe some cities getting flooded on the coast line, but i don't see it existentially threatening us.  I mean we literally are going to have lab grown meat soon. 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

11 minutes ago, zambize said:

Yeah we have some knots to unravel, I often have the thought "wow, these are the dark ages", just because we have soooooo far we could go in society.  I guess with climate change my worry is that kind of everyone has to be onboard at some point, we can't have a few countries destroying the planet for everyone, so maybe there are hang ups in say getting China to not pollute like China does.  I could see a  few species going extinct, and maybe some cities getting flooded on the coast line, but i don't see it existentially threatening us.  I mean we literally are going to have lab grown meat soon. 

Perhaps you're right. I look forward to when lab-grown meat becomes the main or only meat farming practice. That will definitely cut down on a lot of animal suffering and will take away one of the largest contributors to climate change, as well.

But right now, there are like 9 companies (or some small number like that) that contribute to the majority of air pollution that causes climate change. So, I fear that these structural changes, legislation-wise, won't be made in time... especially with regard to China that is not showing signs yet of moving to Green.

Now, there are people working on carbon scrubbing technology, and this would really help us as we wouldn't just be going to net zero carbon emissions but actually removing them from the air. But the technology is still in its baby phase.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

16 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Perhaps you're right. I look forward to when lab-grown meat becomes the main or only meat farming practice. That will definitely cut down on a lot of animal suffering and will take away one of the largest contributors to climate change, as well.

But right now, there are like 9 companies (or some small number like that) that contribute to the majority of air pollution that causes climate change. So, I fear that these structural changes, legislation-wise, won't be made in time... especially with regard to China that is not showing signs yet of moving to Green.

Now, there are people working on carbon scrubbing technology, and this would really help us as we wouldn't just be going to net zero carbon emissions but actually removing them from the air. But the technology is still in its baby phase.

Hopefully we can come to our senses, as sad as the destruction we cause our planet is, more and more people are going to hop on board as that destruction gets worse and worse and effects them just as much as it effects polar bears. We will see, I think our next president will probably be pretty telling of our trajectory 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

6 hours ago, Emerald said:

You should really try to gain some connection to your emotions

I would be on board with doing that if I knew how it benefits me. I don't see any benefits. 

6 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Men can give sperm without sex. One push of a syringe is all thats necessary. Less than a minute and under $1.

I know but I wouldn't consider that healthy because there's no love involved. It's a cold clinical way of producing a child. That's how it seems to me at least. And you could argue that it's heterosexual because the semen and the egg still come together. Male and female. 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

5 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I know but I wouldn't consider that healthy because there's no love involved. It's a cold clinical way of producing a child. That's how it seems to me at least. And you could argue that it's heterosexual because the semen and the egg still come together. Male and female. 

Yes. Love is the key.

You said bringing semen and egg together without love is cold. I agree. It’s about the love. Heterosexual or homosexual love. Love is love.

37 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes. Love is the key.

You said bringing semen and egg together without love is cold. I agree. It’s about the love. Heterosexual or homosexual love. Love is love.

Love without reproduction is short lasting. What's deeper than two beings coming together and creating a new being? And nurturing that being together. That's the pinnacle of love. A gay couple can raise a child but will they love the child as much as biological parents would? I don't know. I hope they do. 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

32 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Love without reproduction is short lasting. What's deeper than two beings coming together and creating a new being? And nurturing that being together. That's the pinnacle of love. 

Yes. Raising a child together is an expression of love. And it doesn’t require heterosexual intercourse.

32 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

A gay couple can raise a child but will they love the child as much as biological parents would? 

Yes. I have friends that were adopted by heterosexual parents and others by homosexual parents. Both were raised in loving environments. I’ve also met the parents. Very loving.

I was raised in a religious environment that taught me being gay was unnatural and immoral. Later in life, I got to know some gay people and learned they are just like everyone else. They love, laugh, cry and struggle just like I do. And I made some great new friends ?

4 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Love without reproduction is short lasting. What's deeper than two beings coming together and creating a new being? And nurturing that being together. That's the pinnacle of love. A gay couple can raise a child but will they love the child as much as biological parents would? I don't know. I hope they do. 

From what I've seen, I'd probably prefer a gay parent.  No offense to my parents, but it seems like a lot of gay guys are more accepting of their emotions, which I like, because people who are in-tune with their own emotions are often in-tune with others and that has a lot of utility to the child in terms of developing properly.   It's also kind of a common thought that maybe gay couples lack some kind of X-factor that comes from a heterosexual relationship, and I think a lot of gay parents try to really do a number on that stigma by kind of going super-parent, and telling everyone fuck you I can be a good parent too.  Or maybe it's because it's "natural"?  Because only a man and a woman can have a child, only a man and a woman can raise a child.  I wouldn't look into this much, the fact that they are just as competent of parents is a pretty well researched topic, and I imagine they love their kid just as much.  I grew up watching my friends parents be largely dismissive, knew a lot of alcoholic parents, a lot who don't really understand their kids.  I think gay couples are more than capable of loving their kids far more than a lot of the kids I knew growing up

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/adopting-reason/201611/kids-can-thrive-gay-parents

Edited by zambize