Rodrigo

Are You Seeking Enlightenment?

18 posts in this topic

In case you seek it:

What do you expect from becoming enlightened? What do you think you will do after becoming enlightened? What is your motivation?

My motivation = everlasting existence without beginning or end. Oh and the imperturbable peace/bliss thing sounds pretty cool too

On 4/15/2016 at 2:30 PM, Rodrigo said:

In case you seek it:

What do you expect from becoming enlightened? What do you think you will do after becoming enlightened? What is your motivation?

To escape the prison of mind.       

@cetus56 Who told you mind is prison? because that is obviously something you learned.

@Shab-e Ma_araj Who told you about that? because if those were your thoughts you would have no doubts about them.

On 19/04/2016 at 10:16 PM, Shab-e Ma_araj said:

My motivation = everlasting existence without beginning or end. Oh and the imperturbable peace/bliss thing sounds pretty cool too

54 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

@cetus56 Who told you mind is prison? because that is obviously something you learned.

Right, it depends on if you are using your mind or the mind is using you :D

54 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

@Isle of View

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

@Rodrigo What should I do? What would be your minds suggestion to stop my  mind that thinks it's a monkey mind?

@cetus56 Suggestions are bananas. You digest them and then need more. World is full of suggestions. It was suggestions that brought you where you are now. Do you really need more suggestions? do you really need to think about them creating even more thoughts, struggling to distinguish good from bad suggestions all your life....always feeding that monkey you talk about?

1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

There is no you for the mind to use.

@cetus56 Suggestions are bananas. You digest them and then need more. World is full of suggestions. It was suggestions that brought you where you are now. Do you really need more suggestions? do you really need to think about them creating even more thoughts, struggling to distinguish good from bad suggestions all your life....always feeding that monkey you talk about?

@Rodrigo Thanks for the great idea for my profile picture! Love it!

monkey-hd-wallpapers-46.jpeg

Edited by cetus56

3 hours ago, Isle of View said:

There is no you for the mind to use.

Ah hahahaha. Another one who knows more about my alignments than myself.

It's always a pleasure.

On 15.4.2016 at 8:30 PM, Rodrigo said:

In case you seek it:

Let me ask you the same question: "What do you expect from becoming enlightened? What do you think you will do after becoming enlightened? What is your motivation?"

@Isle of View Are you an upset alignment of other people quotes and questions? No you are not.Take it as a compliment when someone tells you you dont exist because it would be sad for such confused entities to exist.

Just now, Rodrigo said:

@Isle of View Are you an upset alignment of other people quotes and questions? No you are not.Take it as a compliment when someone tells you you dont exist because it would be sad for such confused entities to exist.

I'm not at all upset nor confused. I'm amused.

So, where's your answer?

"What do you expect from becoming enlightened? What do you think you will do after becoming enlightened? What is your motivation?"

Or you can't answer cause you don't exist?

xD

23 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Rodrigo Thanks for the great idea for my profile picture! Love it!

monkey-hd-wallpapers-46.jpeg

Wow, that monkey is cute! 

@Khin  Thanks.  That's my little monkey mind with a thought banana.

Nope. I just love to learn about the human psyche. I love to experiment and experience altered states of perception. I love developing my own psychology to experience what is possible for a human to become. I love to observe and figure out all the different aspects of my own psychology and see how they all work and interact together. I love to read about other people's experiences and theories of the psyche and see how they integrate with my own.

It just seems to be leading me down a path of self-transcendence and there's nothing I can do about it at this point.

Edited by Mat Pav