Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

Youtube channel Charisma on Command

5 posts in this topic

Do you guys follow this channel? What are your thoughts on this channel's content?

I find them mostly unique, but what leads me into doubt is that it has got videos like 'How jordan peterson wins an arguement'. Since leo made a lot of skeptical points about jp, it leads me to have doubt in my mind about this channel.

Will appreciate  your response. Thank you.

Already discussed this channel before. In case you are still interested:

Some if it is good, but I think there are pros and cons to having a channel like that.  

The pros are you get a lot of views.  The cons are you're kinda stuck in that milieu of always needing to create a buzz about everything all the time.  It's too neurotic.  I guess it depends on what kind of a person you are.  For me, I couldn't do it. 

I can see how it would be tough to strike the right balance between wanting to solicit views on the one hand, but not pigeon-holing yourself into a box of expectations on the other hand with your viewers by marketing yourself a certain way.  If I did videos I would kinda want my videos to be like little blog pieces just like my Journal writings are.  I would wanna feel free to do whatever I wanted to do.  I wouldn't wanna feel forced to make a video either.  But, see, the cons of that approach is you don't feed your viewers and build up your audience.  I can see how there's a tension there between freedom and responsibility that has to be carefully balanced.  If you're trying to make a career on YouTube, you need viewers.  If you wanna go fishing, you need bait.  If you wanna gamble, you need money.  If you wanna become a lawyer, you have to pass the bar.  If you wanna become a doctor, you have to graduate from medical school.  I'm just saying this because every endeavor has requirements to it.  Wealth doesn't come from nothing.  To get people to open their wallets and give you money, they gotta be excited about the value that you're providing to them.  And so I've always been really fascinated in what career requirements are and how to meet them without being a manipulative jerk about it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I am subscribed and I appreciate his content.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 1/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, Annoynymous said:

I find them mostly unique, but what leads me into doubt is that it has got videos like 'How jordan peterson wins an arguement'. Since leo made a lot of skeptical points about jp, it leads me to have doubt in my mind about this channel.

That seems to me like you're making dogma out of what Leo says which is the opposite of what he teaches. There's a reason he repeatedly says to not take his word for gospel and research for yourself. Jordan Peterson has interesting ideas and perhaps are flawed in some aspect(like anyone) and if you enjoy his content or the content produced by Charisma on Command after critically thinking about it, that's fine. 

And for a personal opinion, I think they have good content. They dissect stuff in a way that's not often done and there's definitely value to that. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3