Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

Muslim intellectual vs atheist intellectual

9 posts in this topic

A Muslim and an atheist debate about the origin of the universe. But what amazed me was how intellectual this Muslim fellow was, given that he is stage blue. Don Beck says in the audiobook ‘Spiral Dynamics Integral’ that a stage blue person is capable of reaching the top of Maslow’s hierarchy. It seems like stage blue can be nearly as intelligent as a stage orange person.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Mohammed hijab Hmm.. a good advice dont watch his other videos. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

One can evolve upward within religions. There are intellectual orange-level Muslims, Christians, Buddhists etc. Religion can be a path toward awakening and Turquoise modes of being. The current center of consciousness for most religions is blue, yet individuals are by no means restricted to blue.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

One can evolve upward within religions. There are intellectual orange-level Muslims, Christians, Buddhists etc. Religion can be a path toward awakening and Turquoise modes of being. The current center of consciousness for most religions is blue, yet individuals are by no means restricted to blue.

I have seen many of his videos. For me he felt like he is deep red blue. Especially with his debate with david wood and views on dino tokio for removing her head scarf and saying muslim women can marry non muslim men. After seeing that all and knowinh what his perspectives about reality are I really think in this video he is just saying fancy words. ? (Then again i maybe wrong, now where is that leo's video iam waiting for all day.) 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan I was just making a big picture observation, rather than evaluating this particular individual. 

Yes, someone can be centered in one stage and use some features of a higher stage to support their lower center of consciousness. The underlying intention and motivation is more important than the surface-level expression.

For example, a politician may say that addressing climate change is important. At a surface-level, this would appear to be a Green level. Yet if their underlying motivation is to improve their poll ratings and gain more power, they are orange-centered.

I know. Then again i was bored waiting all day for leo's video.?

@Harikrishnan @Serotoninluv It’s funny I actually know this guy (Mohammad Hijab). He teaches English in a nearby school. I often see him walking across the street.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Its interesting, a lot of what hes saying i would agree with and essentially i think most religions have this idea of God baked into them, the issues usually come with interpretation, but he has interpreted it well i would say. However, this is one aspect of religion that most dont get, where problems come in is when they use this 'truth' to justify other morals or rules in this case it gets a bit murky, but i believe there is a lot of truth in religion. If someone is sufficiently intelligent they should be able to bring it out but they should also see the flaws in religion and not use this kernel of truth to promote an ideology  

Another video i watched recently which is similar -

Every Spiral Dynamics stage can be intellectual I believe, as for stage blue, they usually read for the intent of re-confirming their beliefs, and take biases to cherry pick what he wants to believe from any book,
And this guy is a Muslim cleric and his job is to invite people to Islam, and as he seems to be very good at it, he must have read tons of books includes science and philosophy with a biased intent to understand the people he's trying to convert. 
This guy if you check the titles of his other videos, is very blue, and maybe disgusting to many of us.

However, let's not attach Stage blue strictly to religion, There are many Muslims who are orange, green, yellow, and turquoise, there are even red and purple of course.
it's just each stage in SD in Muslims has a different focus, different motives, different understandings to islam, and different stickiness to the label "Islam"

Red Muslims can be Isis, terrorist groups, criminals, notorious individuals, and bullies.
Orange Muslims can be the best doctors, engineers, developers, businessmen, yet the focus of material life tops their focus on religion. 
Green Muslims are loving, accept others openly, care for the environment, health, and stand for human rights, open to other non-religious spiritual teachings, and re-translated God scriptures as a more of a love message than a fear-based message. 
Yellow Muslims, many of them are entrepreneurs,  artists, inventors, etc.. they could be spiritual in their own ways, but they wear Islam as one mask to cope in the society and help to bridge them.
Turquize, they are either walking around us every day like normal people or maybe we hear about them in living in far mountains I assume.

Edited by Rufus