Sahil Pandit

Embodying my Highest Values

113 posts in this topic

I've been taking Modafinil for about a week now and i just wanted to write a little bit of my experiences with it.

First off, WOW.

I can't stop staying great things about it. I feel like it boost my mood, awareness, and focus by 5x.

Thoughtless awareness is much much easier to rest in. And sometimes, i feel so calm that it's almost unsettling.

I was surprised to find out that the body can be ready to rest/sleep but yet the mind can stay extremely awake.

This has been impacting my sleep, so i need to make sure i work on fixing that.

Other than that, if you have a decent meditation practice and couple this nootropic with it, your results will most likely sky rocket. B|

5 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

I've been taking Modafinil for about a week now and i just wanted to write a little bit of my experiences with it.

First off, WOW.

I can't stop staying great things about it. I feel like it boost my mood, awareness, and focus by 5x.

Thoughtless awareness is much much easier to rest in. And sometimes, i feel so calm that it's almost unsettling.

I was surprised to find out that the body can be ready to rest/sleep but yet the mind can stay extremely awake.

This has been impacting my sleep, so i need to make sure i work on fixing that.

Other than that, if you have a decent meditation practice and couple this nootropic with it, your results will most likely sky rocket. B|

Hopefully the pills dont lose effect over time, sounds like they are having an awesome effect on you

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@zambize Yeah that would suck!

I'm getting used to a higher level of consciousness it feels like... 

Although i need to make sure i have plenty of meditation under my belt on a weekly basis so i can keep this level of calm.

This has easily been the best i've felt in a looong time.

Feeling extremely grateful for the position i'm currently in with everything that's going on. :x

1 minute ago, Sahil Pandit said:

This is all a lot more non linear than i had expected... 

That's exactly what I was thinking, I think a lot of people (guys especially) tend to underestimate the power of intuition

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Spring Break for me starts tonight, once my night class is done...

but i've already been taking action on making it one full of consciousness work. Some of the traps i've encountered when it comes to having time off of school:

1.) Minimize socializing time/ "hanging out" with friends. This is going to be pretty easy, as most of my friends know i'm focused and i tend to stay in my lane, and they respect that.

2.) Reduce clutter and take minimalism to the next level. I am going to take out the clothes i don't need and either sell them or do a Good Will run in a couple of days once i can clean out my closet. It's been causing some issues, and it's not easy to walk in there... so it's about time i take action on that.

3.) I have plans on waking up early (7AM). I know for sure i'll be able to do this because i have plans set up to go for a 30-40 minute easy tempo run with one of my friends. So, after that i'll have some more motivation to wake up early.

4. The main bulk of my Spring Break - reading, contemplating, BEING, journaling, and meditation 

Also, i will be studying for my classes about 2 hours a day, since i have some thicc exams when i come back. 

More to come. 

Insights on the "Mankind is Full of Shit" video:

Culture is full of shit

Running culture is full of shit

Fitness Culture is full of shit

Meditating is full of shit

Talking is full of shit

Judging is full of shit

Agreeing with people is full of shit

Hanging out with friends is full of shit

School is full of shit

"Academia" is full of shit

Marketing is full of shit

Criticizing is full of shit

Studying is full of shit

Entertainment is full of shit

I am full of shit

YouTube is full of shit

The internet is full of shit

Music is full of shit

Being a "good" person is full of shit

Family is full of shit

Food is full of shit

Chasing pleasure is full of shit

Being a victim is full of shit

"Problems" are full of shit

Relationships are full of shit

Dating is full of shit

The mind is full of shit

Society is full of shit

"Playing a role" is full of shit

^ This is a short list off the top of my head...

6 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

Insights on the "Mankind is Full of Shit" video:

Culture is full of shit

Running culture is full of shit

Fitness Culture is full of shit

Meditating is full of shit

Talking is full of shit

Judging is full of shit

Agreeing with people is full of shit

Hanging out with friends is full of shit

School is full of shit

"Academia" is full of shit

Marketing is full of shit

Criticizing is full of shit

Studying is full of shit

I am full of shit

YouTube is full of shit

The internet is full of shit

Music is full of shit

Being a "good" person is full of shit

Family is full of shit

Food is full of shit

Chasing pleasure is full of shit

Being a victim is full of shit

"Problems" are full of shit

Relationships are full of shit

Dating is full of shit

The mind is full of shit

Society is full of shit

"Playing a role" is full of shit

^ This is a short list off the top of my head...

The video itself was full of shit

It's important to learn from the difficult times that life sometimes brings upon you. Those are the days you really have to watch over yourself and care for yourself as if you were someone worth looking out for. 

When you take care of your own needs, then you can expand out to help others... but when you're not okay, nothing is seems to be okay.

Mental health, emotional health, physical health, happiness levels all need to be monitored often. 

19 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

It's important to learn from the difficult times that life sometimes brings upon you. Those are the days you really have to watch over yourself and care for yourself as if you were someone worth looking out for. 

When you take care of your own needs, then you can expand out to help others... but when you're not okay, nothing is seems to be okay.

Mental health, emotional health, physical health, happiness levels all need to be monitored often. 

Sometimes "when everything is wrong",,,,, everything feels dead ,, it hurts.

IMG_0530.PNG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

On 4/2/2019 at 8:04 PM, Sahil Pandit said:

@zambize How much BS did you create today to add to your suffering? 

Sorry I didn't see this, was just coming to check out how you were doing and realized I ignored you on accident D:  its hard to say, it's usually because I'm just not being present enough so the suffering I do create is usually me getting distracted by stupid videos and shit that I dont even enjoy

Hope you're doing well!

What a surreal day...

It's hard to believe that a person can depart this body so easily....

What a fragile and fleeting life this is....

I witnessed a lot of heavy emotions today.. and it got me thinking differently about some things....

Connection, Impact, and Purpose are key factors in one's life.

Selflessness as well. Being willing to GIVE yourself fully without egoic recoil as well as being connected to your heart.