Black Flag

24 Hour Water Fast

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I plan on doing a 24 hour water fast starting tomorrow morning. This is my first time fasting and I'm interested to see what happens. Perhaps this will be a baby step towards longer fasts. I'm hopefully going to integrate this as a 2 times a month thing (depending on how it goes) and wondered if anyone does anything similar. 

• To those that fast, what were your first experiences when you started? 
  • Does anyone else regularly fast for 24 hours?

Peace and love,

Ollie. 

I've seen a incredible research results in long duration fasting. However they're medically supervised. Not looked highly upon by modern day medicine unfortunately.  When you come out of the fast try and aim towards eating healthier foods. It can take many months to acquire a taste for them, but fasting can speed that up. I typically do a 12-14 hour fast regularly. Eating two meals and trying to cut myself off by 6pm and eat by around noon or so. Today I ate after 3pm for the first meal and really don't feel all that hungry. Also, just finished a 5 mile walk. 

Edited by Average Investor

Hi Ollie! 

Use the search bar function and you will find plenty of recent/past threads about fasting which I'm sure will answer many of your questions. 

Have you done any intermittent fasting previously? Any fasting at all? 

My mistake was going for a 36 hour fast with no previous fasting experience whatsoever. Huge mistake. I suffered immensely. I hope this isn't the same for you.