Andreas

Can i grow from Joe Rogan?

7 posts in this topic

Joe seems like he has some life experience and I was wondering if I should use his show to grow as a person.

He constantly talks about a lot of different stuff and I think he could be some kind of passive teacher. What do you think? Should I watch his show daily and take notes on it to contemplate? Is this a good strategy for self actualization?  

I think so, diversifying your portfolio is a great idea. Joe Rogan already does all the leg work for you and gives you many different perspectives along both sides of the spectrum. 

He will also introduce you to other sources of knowledge to which you were not aware of, follow the bread crumb trail. :D

@Andreas Yes, up to a certain point. You will eventually outgrow him. Along my path, Sam Harris helped me grow a lot. And then I outgrew him and he no longer resonated with me.

You can grow from Hitler.

Everything is grist for the mill if you have a genuine intention to grow.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’ve grown in certain ways from watching his content.  He’s a good teacher in certain respects.  He shares what he knows which is all you can expect from any teacher.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I've listened to dozens of his videos. Podcasts are much better than music to me now-a-days.

Of course, you can grow from Joe Rogan. You can grow from anyone as what Leo said.

Now, I don't pay much attention to Joe Rogan. I pay much more attention to his guests.

Within every podcast, he reveals bits and pieces about himself. You'll learn how much personal adversity he came through.

Everyone you meet in your life or listen to can help you grow. Even the most obnoxious person on the train who shouts at everybody, farts and refuses to pay for a ticket will teach you compassion, patience and understanding. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus