CreamCat

Ignore criticisms. Just be yourself. Do what you want to do. No excuse.

53 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

You say to ignore criticism

This one still holds even if you do what you want without harming others.

10 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I agree with it although you can still just do what you want if you are willing to face adverse consequences. 

Would you intervene if someone was about to harm others? Let's say a person wanted to blow up a movie theater and was willing to face the adverse consequences. Would you try to stop him?

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Would you intervene if someone was about to harm others. Let's say a person wanted to blow up a movie theater and was willing to face the adverse consequences. Would you try to stop it?

Yes, I would do it in a way that doesn't harm me. I wouldn't risk my life for it by fighting the perpetrator. But, I would definitely call the police and alert the private security.

I would do it in my neighborhood because I don't want chaos to blow up in my neighborhood.

Edited by CreamCat

Just now, CreamCat said:

Yes, I would do it in a way that doesn't harm me. I wouldn't risk my life for it by fighting the perpetrator. But, I would definitely call the police and alert the private security.

Why try to stop him? Shouldn't people be allowed to do what they want if they are willing to face the consequences?

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Why try to stop him? Shouldn't people be allowed to do what they want if they are willing to face the consequences?

Because I want to stop him. I don't want him to blow up my neighborhood. I'm doing what I want.

So, practically, you don't have total freedom. But, you should still ignore criticisms but accept feedbacks. Were terrorists ever receptive to criticisms? I don't think so. That can be a good trait if terrorists fought the right fights.

I advocate becoming a warrior in a garden. A warrior in a garden cultivates one's own life calmly, patiently, and playfully even when adversities burn its garden. A warrior in a garden doesn't stop cultivating its own garden because of criticisms.

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

Because I want to stop him. I don't want him to blow up my neighborhood. I'm doing what I want.

What if it was a neighborhood in a different state? Say, 500 miles away. You know he will kill 100 people. Yet, it won't affect your life at all. You are the only one who knows about the plan and the only person who could stop him. Would you call the police to stop it?

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

What if it was a neighborhood in a different state? Say, 500 miles away. You know he will kill 100 people. Yet, it won't affect your life at all. You are the only one who knows about the plan and the only person who could stop him. Would you call the police to stop it?

I think I will. I want to do good for others.

Just now, CreamCat said:

I think I will. I want to do good for others.

Let's say you called the police anonymously and they stopped the bomber. You don't receive any recognition or reward. Would you feel good and satisfied just knowing that you saved 100 lives?

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

Let's say you called the police anonymously and they stopped the bomber. You don't receive any recognition or reward. Would you feel good and satisfied just knowing that you saved 100 lives?

Yes. I think calling the police anonymously is the right way. Otherwise, the bomber might target me later.

5 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Yes. I think calling the police anonymously is the right way. Otherwise, the bomber might target me later.

Imagine the police stopped the bomber. You are watching the news of the rescued people. They are so relieved and happy. Yet, you get no credit or reward. Would you feel good knowing that you saved them and seeing the joy in their families? 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Imagine the police stopped the bomber. You are watching the news of the rescued people. They are so relieved and happy. Yet, you get no credit or reward. Would you feel good and a sense of satisfaction for saving them and seeing the joy in their families? Even though you get no credit?

I don't mind getting no credit because the police did the heavy lifting and risked their lives. I just gave a phone call which doesn't take more than 2 minutes.

I think you can anticipate answers to further questions.

Edited by CreamCat

6 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I don't mind getting no credit because the police did the heavy lifting and risked their lives. I just gave a phone call which doesn't take more than 2 minutes.

Yes, it didn't take much work for you and the police did the heavy work. Yet at the same time, they would all be dead if you didn't make that call. So as you watch all the families celebrate in joy that they have been rescued, would you feel good that you helped them?

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, it didn't take much work for you and the police did the heavy work. Yet at the same time, they would all be dead if you didn't make that call. So as you watch all the families celebrate in joy that they have been rescued, would you feel good? Would you feel happy for them, even though you get nothing?

I probably wouldn't feel much, though. Families wouldn't celebrate either because nothing actually happened.

But, I think the police officers would be happy while smacking the head of the perpetrator with their palms.

4 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I probably wouldn't feel much, though.

You said you would make the call to help them, yet wouldn't feel much after helping them. What motivated you to make the call? These are people 500 miles away that you don't even know.

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You said you would make the call to help them, yet wouldn't feel much after helping them. What motivated you to make the call? It doesn't sound like it impacts your life.

Does it matter much if it doesn't impact my life to make a call? I would still do small good things for others. I can't exactly tell you in words. Let's say I am motivated to help others here and there out of good will. Can you explain orgasm in words? I think you're asking too many trivial questions.

Edited by CreamCat

18 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Does it matter much if it doesn't impact my life to make a call? I would still do small good things for others. I think you're asking too many trivial questions.

You seem focused on personal achievements. Yet there is also a part of you that wants to do good for others, even if you don't personally benefit. 

I think that shows a genuine caring for the welfare of others. You don't know them and it doesn't improve your own welfare. You are not doing it for personal gain. It's a selfless act of kindness. It's beautiful and something I would like to do more of on a daily basis in my life. 

Sometimes, I think the simple questions can touch our inner humanity.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

It's beautiful and something I would like to do more of on a daily basis in my life.

You have tenure and financial stability. I don't have them, yet. That's why I focus more on personal improvements.

@CreamCat Yes, personal development has a lot of value. It sounds like you are doing it in a responsible way

Make sure your work is aligned with your Passion.  That’s a key principle in Life Purpose Work.

No amount of reading is bad, I remember finishing 4 books in a night.

P.s I am a super speed reader