solr

Dealing with trolls

28 posts in this topic

@solr yes, if you want to help people, these are the people who need your compassion the most :)

Btw. What i have found is that each emotion of mine has it's polar oposite that i try to induce with a specific practice if i want to get rid of it

Discouragement or stress is mostly solved by gratitude journaling for me

Anger is solved through metta

Etc.

Im not sure what your channel is about, but if it's around self improvement, than dealing with trolls is a perfect way to practice dealing with your own emotions, so that you have a hands-on experience that you can teach your viewers

12 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

i don't understand norwegian ^^

but the trailer seems orange to me :

why the bow & arrow symbol ? to me it's sagittarius

Please. It's a reason as to why I haven't posted my channel myself. I don't want it on here, I don't want that kind of attention. It's also a privacy issue. I have personal stuff on here in my threads, and I don't want everyone to know who I am.

Please remove this. I also think these comments are very unnecessary when you don't even understand what I'm saying, based off a 3 minute intro. 

This is so off topic and I'm not interested.

Edited by solr

That vid above (the things mentioned there) is exactly what i mean. :) You are on your hero's journey and the trolls are your first gatekeeper :) it's a great opportunity to cultivate your arsenal of tools and frameworks to deal with emotional challenges that you can later on preach to your viewers from direct experience :)

Edited by Krzysztof

7 minutes ago, Krzysztof said:

That vid above (the things mentioned there) is exactly what i mean. :) You are on your hero's journey and the trolls are your first gatekeeper :) it's a great opportunity to cultivate your arsenal of tools and frameworks to deal with emotional challenges that you can later on preach to your viewers from direct experience :)

15 minutes ago, Krzysztof said:

@solr yes, if you want to help people, these are the people who need your compassion the most :)

Btw. What i have found is that each emotion of mine has it's polar oposite that i try to induce with a specific practice if i want to get rid of it

Discouragement or stress is mostly solved by gratitude journaling for me

Anger is solved through metta

Etc.

Im not sure what your channel is about, but if it's around self improvement, than dealing with trolls is a perfect way to practice dealing with your own emotions, so that you have a hands-on experience that you can teach your viewers

This is very helpful feedback, thank you so much. Looking at it as a treshold guardian makes it less discouraging and actually more motivating, I totally overlooked that connection. Really helped, thanks man.

@solr I think that some perspective will help you; they probably wouldn't be hating on you if you weren't doing something right! The simple fact that you have haters can be looked at as a good thing: they see in you something they admire but can't/won't do so they resent you for it. I would just ignore them honestly, put all your focus and energy into your channel and don't even give them the time of day, they will most likely notice you ignoring them and either stop altogether or taper off hating.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@solr You helped 100s of people, why let 2 people stop you?

Completely ignore the trolls and move forward.

Leo has a video about this too!

I apparently made this post the day before I got my period, I was crying all day and just wanted to quit.. I thought it was because of these trolls, but now i understand that it was mostly PMS. omg hahaha. I seriously NEVER understand it when it's PMS... and then the day after I'm like: Oh... YES, i knew I wasnt a weak ass bitch

But I've learned a lot of useful stuff from you guys, and here's some of the things I picked up that I will try:

* Make my own video about dealing with haters/trolls. That forces me to do research on the subject and dive deep into the topic. It will also stick because I research with the intention of teaching

* Look at it as threshold guardians

* Include them in my metta meditation

Thanks guys <3

was excited to remind you to see them as threshold guardians, as a test: "do I want it bad enough?" but see that I got beaten to it ^_^

Another point to consider: Is it clear to you that someone else that would be in your exact place won't care at all? that the emotional reaction is totally yours? (and as you say the PMS made it much stronger). If you are willing to accept that you are responsible for these emotions, then you can ask yourself why am I reacting that way? why do I care so much? what situation in the past created this defence mechanism? (you mentioned being bullied). there are also techniques to go back to traumatic memories and change them, those can be really powerful with releasing the emotional blockages.

it can be helpful to see emotions that rile up as something positive. I tell myself when emotional things are surfacing "oh wonderful these are emotions that are stuck in my body, in my subconscious, and this is an opportunity for me to observe them and experience them, it will help me release these emotions from my body and free energy from my subconscious, so it's a great opportunity, it's a purification process that will make me a better and happier person" - this helps me to lower the resistance to those emotional states and even be happy to face them. (Vipassana meditation)

Another thing that I would try to do, Is to explain to the trolls how it makes me feel. I assume that they quite miserable people if they get to a point that they need to troll someone, so you can just tell them something like "it hurts me when you write this comment, I don't understand why you write it, could you please stop?" "could you tell me why you are trolling me?" maybe those are people that got hurt in the past by you?
I would try to conduct a dialogue with them. show them compassion. I guess it could also make things worst but I would try it.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd