Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cepzeu

A new way to look at Deja Vu?

7 posts in this topic

I think many people have experienced deja vu in the past.

Oftentimes we dismiss it as simply a feeling of being in the same space - deja vu.

But from a consciousness point of view, is there more to deja vu that meets the eye? Could it be a replay of a subconscious fixation? Could it be the experience in consciousness occurring at the same time as a memory of the experience is evolved in the field of consciousness?

I guess it makes sense that the unfolding of consciousness could occur in the 'memory space' of awareness (i.e. you experience material reality from the human perspective and also that reality is inserted as a memory into 'mind' space a.k.a your thoughts as consciousness is unfolding).

I guess what I'm asking is whether there is something that can be learned about ourselves from deja vu? 

To me, this is deja vu:

Out of nowhere I get a sudden feeling of remembering this exact moment happening to me before. There is no real remembering tho. And no before.

I was just fully aware of the moment in "real time". As I created it. Right now.

When the mind tries to grasp this in retrospect, it labels it as "deja vu".

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss  Yeah I guess that is what I'm trying to figure out. whether it'a a or b

a) awareness creates the real moment and then mind tries to grasp it (a creation-of-symbolism-in-thought response), or

b) The moment that we experience as deja vu actually DID occur in the 'past', and the replaying of it in the current time could possibly be a sort of message from the subconscious (ie inifinite consciousness) to our conscious (ie the only sliver of infinite consciousness that we have access to under ordinary brain states). (a repetition event).

1 hour ago, Cortex said:

Deja vu is pretty interesting

it's a mystery :)

My take is that every Physical plane life is a multiple outcomes scenario that we have already reviewed in Astral plane so we are just remembering how the script goes. 

The script is just a script and of course our reactions to it have the potential to be infinitely surprising. :)

Edited by iamme

@Cepzeu Deja vu is a moment of clarity where one is experiencing reality not only in it's manifest form as but also as the non manifest simultaneously.  Right this moment the potential for infinite possabilities does exist in their formless state. The potential for what you will be doing in five mins. or 5 days or 5 years into infinity already exists. Did you ever see something for the first time and yet it seems so familiar?  And you know that feeling of familiarity was coming from a place outside of time and space. The formless and the form realized as one- the potential and the actual.

One perspective of deja vu is that there is a blank gap in being. There is a blank gap in the continuity of time in the mind. There is then confusion because the immediate past is no longer perceived as the immediate past. It is a memory that the mind cannot place in the timeline. So, thoughts and sensations of “Have I been here before?” arise. My mind has also questioned whether the memory was a dream memory.