Giulio Bevilacqua

SPIRITUALITY ANGAINST PHILOSOPHY KNOWLEDGE

10 posts in this topic

I'm feeling i would like to study philosophy at the university, but i have ecountered some doubts along my research about the field. 

It's difficult for me to read things outside non duality/spirituality fields. 

Everytime i try to approach to some western philosopical book like Kant, Leibniz ...  , i have the feeling that my spiritual knowledge and experience already knows everything and discriminates what i'm reading . 

I can't ready openly without judgment . I would like to read those things with an open mind, seeing them as they are . It's hard because the spiritua knowledge is so superior and this stops me to read and study that stuff .

Maybe i shouldn't take it so seriously...

What is your idea.?  :)

You gotta open yourself to all perspectives. They all have something to offer. The goal of learning all is building a more holistic perspective of reality. 

Don't get attached to spirituality. It's an easy trap.

17 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

You gotta open yourself to all perspectives. They all have something to offer. The goal of learning all is building a more holistic perspective of reality. 

Don't get attached to spirituality. It's an easy trap.

Yes you are so right !  it's a trap !

@Giulio Bevilacqua Most of Western philosophy is mental masturbation and will take you further into delusion.

If you are already into spirituality and nonduality why waste your time with Western philosophy? Why not invest that time deepening your spiritual practice?

Be careful not to do things just because other people are doing them. Be independent and don't do useless things with your life. Be highly selective with how you invest your time.

Maybe spend your time studying something more practical.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua Most of Western philosophy is mental masturbation and will take you further into delusion.

If you are already into spirituality and nonduality why waste your time with Western philosophy? Why not invest that time deepening your spiritual practice?

Be careful not to do things just because other people are doing them. Be independent and don't do useless things with your life. Be highly selective with how you invest your time.

I agree with you , but i feel this attraction to go into it . 

So i do not know what to do, that is frustrating :)

@Giulio Bevilacqua Be careful, that might be the attraction of the devil, trying to distract you from the Greater Jihad.

As a general rule of thumb: stop fucking around and get on with the Greater Jihad!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I see philosophy as valuable when you want to use it to advance in training in morality, i.e. work in ethics field and develop principles to guide people doing genetic engineering or something similar.

14 hours ago, RichardY said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua What have you read of Kant and Leibniz?

I do not know the  name in english ,i think it is proglegomena to a further metaphysics . And leibniz i read random stuff

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I agree with you , but i feel this attraction to go into it . 

So i do not know what to do that is frust

4 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

I do not know the  name in english ,i think it is proglegomena to a further metaphysics . And leibniz i read random stuff

Haven't read that one. Started to read some of Kant's "Metaphysics of Morals"(Or "Groundwork of" not sure which one)  and had a laugh. Couldn't really follow his critique of pure reason.

There is a good audio book on audible of Leibniz's  "Discourse on Metaphysics."