Manjushri

Can't fall asleep AT ALL. Stuck in a loop of unable to sleep then unable to live then

8 posts in this topic

What the fuck do I do during the day I'm even too tired to ask for help or eat or something ffs. Tripping a shit ton from not sleeping. Then I'm too tired during the day to even speak. Too unfocused to even finish this. My mindfulness is gone. I need to sleep to fix my life and to fix my sleep I need to be awake normally. Loop loop loop. What do I do first? This is stupid. I'm tired so I do stupid shit. Just puts me in an even bigger spiral. All my thoughts and projections. But I need to fucking sleep lol.

I get comatose tired but I don't fall asleep. Just like resting for 30mins. Fucking hell. Need to fix hell. First step?

Do you exercise? I have the same problem, because I am not tired enough in the evening, perhaps you just need to work more... :) 

Seems like your circadian rhythm is all over the place and you need to teach your body a proper sleeping pattern. I hope it goes without saying that any coffee, black teas, redbulls, recreational drugs and green teas need to go....they might be too stimulating for you. Some people are naturally extremely slow caffeine removers, this could be you. 

Try to follow the following in exact order:

• Start by going to sleep at exactly the same time every day. Could be say 9pm and force yourself to lay there and breathe deeply until you are able to fall asleep at least a bit. It is important that this time is fixed so that your body starts to learn. 
  • Buy blue light blocking glasses and start wearing them 2 hour prior your bed time. At the same time start switching of all your electronics, no more peaking on instagram, facebook, youtube not even reading on your tablet....reading a book is preferable. Put your phones on airplane mode and switch any unnecesary lights, blinking or similar things. 
  • 1 hour before bed time dim all artificial lights, only light few candles in your home to have enough life to avoid bumping into the walls. 
  • (OPTIONAL) 30 mins before bed, start doing a 20 minute stretching in form of yoga. Observe that this is what your dog would naturally do before going to bed. Many animals do this. I don't know the science behind this but it seems this helps put us at sleep. 
  • Just 10 mins before bedtime sit at the edge of your bed and do a deep abdominal breathing after which you will make your way straight to the bed. Make sure that curtains are shut as much as possible.

EXTRA TIPs: 

• Consider buying pistachio nuts, they have one of the highest naturally occuring melatonin and have 2-5 around 2 hours before bed.  
  • Also if possible invest in curtains that give you 100% darkness, these can be installed and they do make a difference massively. You may need pitch dark for your body to leave the serotonin pathway and start going down melatonin pathway. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I struggle with sleep also and it is so important. it wrecks my mood and yeah.... it just has to be prioritized period. I plan to make my sleep my number one priority in my life along with my gym, diet and meditation. it's just so foundational that when I am weak in these areas my whole mood suffers.