Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John West

Fear of being controlled

6 posts in this topic

First of all, it's not a "serious emotional issue", but I think this topic fits in best here and furthermore it hinders me in my self-actualization journey. I have the fear of being controlled by a higher species or something. Espiacially when I go to bed because I loose control of myself and I am afraid that something happens to me. I used to have this since I was 10 or so, in varying intensities. I think when I am able to surrender myself to the sleep and give up control by going to the root of this issue, I could do spiritual work even better because I could surrender myself to reality.

I can't know wether this happens or not, but I think I could improve myself to a point where I can accept it the way it is. Maybe you can give me advice on this ;).

If you believe this then it can be dangerous, our own thoughts are our biggest enemy, that is really all to say about your question.

If you will not believe any of this stuff, then there will be nothing that will happen to you, if you will believe , your mind can very well delude itself in something dangerous. 

How to get unstuck of your fear. Explore your fear, deeper and deeper; untill you found your core believe with these two questions;

Why would that be a bad thing?

What would it mean if that were true?

As an example; 

2 hours ago, John West said:

I have the fear of being controlled by a higher species

What would it mean if that were true; I have no control over my body. Why would that be a bad thing; because I need control. What would it mean if that (no control) were true; I can't trust myself anymore. And so on and so on. Untill you can't go further and you feel something like; a lack of love, security or validation issues.. (most times something from your childhood)

Resolve core beliefs with 'the Work' Byron Katie. Do above question method multiple times, your answers can vary (it will take some time and effort to resolve core beliefs).

Surrender to fear-feelings won't work if you still feel a little bit of fear or resistance. That's why it's better to solve it first in the mind, and then surrender in the body. 

Thank you both first of all ;).

20 hours ago, Rebec said:

How to get unstuck of your fear. Explore your fear, deeper and deeper; untill you found your core believe with these two questions;

Why would that be a bad thing?

What would it mean if that were true?

As an example; 

What would it mean if that were true; I have no control over my body. Why would that be a bad thing; because I need control. What would it mean if that (no control) were true; I can't trust myself anymore. And so on and so on. Untill you can't go further and you feel something like; a lack of love, security or validation issues.. (most times something from your childhood)

Resolve core beliefs with 'the Work' Byron Katie. Do above question method multiple times, your answers can vary (it will take some time and effort to resolve core beliefs).

Surrender to fear-feelings won't work if you still feel a little bit of fear or resistance. That's why it's better to solve it first in the mind, and then surrender in the body. 

Is "The Work" a way of letting go the feeling of lack (whatever it might be)? 

And do you recommend other practices regarding my psychological lacks? For example consciousness work etc.?

On 7-1-2019 at 7:21 PM, John West said:

Thank you both first of all ;).

Is "The Work" a way of letting go the feeling of lack (whatever it might be)? 

And do you recommend other practices regarding my psychological lacks? For example consciousness work etc.?

'The Work' is a mind/thought-way of letting go, not a feeling-way of letting go. Mind / thought-ways are perfect when you feel some resistants. This works a lot better and faster than feeling-ways. Feeling-ways of letting go are the Sedona Method or Letting Go (book by D. Hawkins).

Just start; see if it any of above helps, and then explore other ways. Be carefull no to give up on a method to soon. It will requires some time to 'master' a method.