sarapr

obstacles in the way of actualizing my life purpose

9 posts in this topic

So here's the problem, everything is just totally completely ridiculously ready and perfect for me to just sit at my desk and do the job, like I basically have nothing else to think about, no addictive cravings which I used to have, literary nothing to distract me but I still just wouldn't do it, I'd just sit there thinking about nothing and doing nothing and even getting bored from that but I'd just be too scared to even start, to get involved and take the first step, I have no idea what else to do about it. 

Help is much appreciated  

Vision.

You need to have a vision. Why are you doing the work you want to do?

This is how the vision looks like:

50 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Vision.

You need to have a vision. Why are you doing the work you want to do?

This is how the vision looks like:

It's not about vision. 

Then what are you scared of? Maybe journal a little bit on that. See your true feelings.

It seems weird that you have motivated yourself to seek help, but can't get to the task. Either it's a very unpassionate job or you are trying to start with a task too big.

For example, if your goal is to write a poem or make a drawing, you don't start with that in mind. That's too much of a burden. You set a goal of getting a pen and a sheet of paper. Then writing some words or scribbling some lines. We are getting somewhere. You do some more and suddenly find yourself working in a creative fervor amidst stacks of paper.

You might be a perfectionist.

The only way for you to fail is by doing nothing.

Also if you are to afraid, start with something small you can do now.

8 hours ago, Girzo said:

Then what are you scared of? Maybe journal a little bit on that. See your true feelings.

It seems weird that you have motivated yourself to seek help, but can't get to the task. Either it's a very unpassionate job or you are trying to start with a task too big.

For example, if your goal is to write a poem or make a drawing, you don't start with that in mind. That's too much of a burden. You set a goal of getting a pen and a sheet of paper. Then writing some words or scribbling some lines. We are getting somewhere. You do some more and suddenly find yourself working in a creative fervor amidst stacks of paper.

Yeah it's so funny 

It is I guess the perfectionist mindset

@Sahil Pandit thumbs up 

I tried some visualization practice before starting, and it worked wonders :)