Bodhidharma

Psychedelic retreat doubt

6 posts in this topic

So, I'm doing this retreat at my camp site with two friends and I'm planning to trip on psychedelics there. Should I trip alone or with them? Can I get good results even with them? Btw it's going to be my first trip and I really want have this experience with them.

I’d say it depends on the Dynamics with your friends. Are they mature beings with the genuine intention of growing spiritually? Or are they more interested in having some fun and tripping balls in nature? (Not that either is “wrong”. Yet, it will have an impact on setting and the theme of the trip)

9@Aaron p  Believe me, I will

@Serotoninluv  Yep, one of them is serius about this shit and the another just wants to trip his soul out. But what you said is a good thing to consider. Anyways, can't I concile both, fun and growth?

@Bodhidharma I have integrated both, yet ime it takes experience and maturity. As a novice, I found it more beneficial to trip solo at home or in nature in a calm meditative setting. Tripping with others in a public recreational setting had a very different vibe. It adds variables. . . After gaining some experience, I was able to trip in a recreational setting, such as a concert, and have enjoyable and insightful/profound experiences. I’m not against recreational use of psychedelics, yet those settings add in complexities and energies that reduce the odds that the experience will have spiritual significance.