Healingheart

Years of suffering, finally a solution

5 posts in this topic

I've been trying to quit addictions for years. And besides the mental withdrawels, I had massive weird physical symptomps.

The biggest thing I had/have is the pain of my stomach. Feeling knots. I have had this for years. But I wasn't aware of it. 

So when I feel deeply in to the feeling I get panick attacks.

Now when I accept the panick attacks, the stomach pain goes away. But yeah I feel anxious. So all these years I was just anxious in my body..

It's true, emotions that aren't felt go into your body. Crazy

This is a very interesting experience. Thank you for sharing

Actually not so counter-intuitive, mental states & emotions are not separate things from the physical body. If you go to a chiropractor, get a full body deep tissue massage and private yoga lesson you would be amazed at how emotionally free you feel when misalignment & tension in the body is eliminated. I can't afford to do this very often, but ideally do bodywork practices on my own that get me 'unstuck' this way relieve the stress on my body from everyday life.

And the challenging thing is that even if you know logically that neglecting your body is the result of your emotional distress, the emotional state itself is an obstacle to overcome to do the bodywork in the first place. It's like feeling depressed on a physical level, and emotionally numb, prone to lethargy and indulging in addictions instead of using all the tools you have to kick your mind-body into high gear.

Some things you are able to even with no money for professional help are deep breathing, stretching, self massage, asana and kriya yoga. One way self-massage goes beyond what you can get at a spa is you can dig really deep into all the musculature around your hips, butt, abdomen and crotch area. Freeing that area up does wonders for breathing capacity, energy and mood.

@Healingheart yes it's very interesting. if we don't learn how to feel our feelings, soon or later we just break down.

our feelings are open invitations for growth. we better not be late for those!

unborn Truth

After a life of suppressing emotion, I now occasionally have memories pop into my head when I am meditating and I physically feel a ball of energy, usually from my gut or heart area. As I focus my attention on the experience and witness it, allowing the emotions to fully express itself I can feel the knot of energy moving up. In really intense situations I feel like I am gagging on the energy as it comes up. During this experience intense emotion is experienced and when the process is over it is over.

I recognize when one of these events is starting to occur, because there is no story with the event, as the ego likes to do. It is just an event accompanied by the emotional knot. I give it total attention and respect the emotional response, then it is gone.