Dan94

Scales for psychedelics

15 posts in this topic

2019 is my psychedelic year. I have bought a scale that weighs in milligram (0.001) but reading up on dosages again, I realized that LSD is dosed in micrograms (0.000001). I just wondered how you measure and dose such a small amount of substance? What scales do you use? 

Happy new year!

D

Edited by Dan94

You don't weigh LSD, you just hope that the person who made it knew what they were doing.   :D

3 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

You don't weigh LSD, you just hope that the person who made it knew what they were doing.   :D

Is that a genuine answer? 

@Dan94 

The way you measure extremely potent chemicals like LSD with standard milligram scales is by using liquid volumetric measurement. Basically you weigh out a measurable quantity of the drug, then you dissolve it all in liquid. Then you can measure off portions of that liquid for individual doses.

For example: Say you have 10mg of LSD. You weight that on your scale (+/- 1mg say). You then dissolve the LSD in 10mL of pure distilled water, or ethanol. Now you have a solution of 1mg per 1mL of liquid. Using a pipette or precise syringe you can measure off 0.1mL doses of your solution, which will each contain 90-110µg of LSD - a standard but fairly strong dose of LSD.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish

Cheers! Another one: When you test your batch with your reagent tests - do you test every single blotter or just one of the blotter from the entire batch? 

Thanks, I do have a lot of respect when it comes to psychedelics.

10 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

@outlandish

Cheers! Another one: When you test your batch with your reagent tests - do you test every single blotter or just one of the blotter from the entire batch? 

@Dan94 i just use the darknet like...people review drugs and leave feedback on the substance which comforts me greatly. I've just ordered some 5-MeO-DMT and on the review section there's like 20-30 people commenting on the quality of delivery, how long it took to come and whether or not it's safe. Which means the substance has already been tested and reviewed over 20 times. The darknet is a good source...cheaper to. With LSD it's still quite safe because it has the reviews AND you can tell quickly if it's been cut with something else because it tastes bitter. And if she's bitter she's a spitter.

So yeah I find the darknet SUPER SUPER helpful. And not exactly expensive either, not compared to the street (which is also more dangerous).

However, tolerance for LSD and shit is a problem. Apparently you can only take it every 12-14 days if you don't want your tolerance to drop significantly. So I did some research and found that your tolerance for regular NN-DMT isint meant to change, which means I can use it often and keep LSD for every other weekend or whatever :) good tips good tips. The fact that substances are tested multiple times and reviewed for all to see (on the darknet) really brings me comfort

@Aaron p

Right. I used the onion route as well! I went with a vendor with thousands of plausible reviews. I don't plan to do lsd more often than once a month (maximum) though. Thank you.

@outlandish

And just one more thought 9_9:

Let's say 4 blotters weigh 1milligram. Which equals 250ug pr. blotter... Then you have 4 dosages of LSD but you only need one for now (assuming you went for 250ug trips). How do you store the 3 "left-over" dosages? 

9 hours ago, Dan94 said:

@outlandish

@Dan94

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never done my own reagent tests. I've watched other people do them but never performed my own. I'm very careful about my sources, and always make sure that the vendor is well trusted and reviewed in the community. I also have taken samples in to be tested with mass spectrometry, which tends to be more accurate than reagent tests anyways. 

Anyways, you wouldn't need to test every single blotter, just a portion of a single blotter from a batch will be fine.

8 hours ago, Dan94 said:

@outlandish

And just one more thought 9_9:

Let's say 4 blotters weigh 1milligram. Which equals 250ug pr. blotter... Then you have 4 dosages of LSD but you only need one for now (assuming you went for 250ug trips). How do you store the 3 "left-over" dosages? 

I'm a bit confused by your question, just want to make sure you know that you don't go by the weight of the blotter since it's mostly just paper. If you have bought blotters that are already dosed, and you trust the prep of those blotters there's not much point in doing the liquid volumetric dosing, unless you were doing it for microdosing or something. 

You're very unlikely to find blotters with 250µg of LSD on them, that would be stupid large blotter doses.

If you have dissolved LSD into liquid you can store it in a little cleaned amber dropper bottle. Make sure you don't use chlorinated water or leave it in the sun or heat.

If your doses are still on blotter paper, just keep them somewhere cool and dry.

Maybe I need you to rephrase your question if i'm not answering you very well.

@outlandish

Cheers, yes I was actually thinking about the weight of the blotter and mixed it up with the actual weight of the LSD in the blotter. Hence the confusion my bad. I just wanted to find the most precise way for dosing. 

Thanks so much, I'll be doing some trip reports in 2019 for sure.

If you wanted to split a blotter in 10 like people do for microdosing, or split a batch into liquid for arbitrary dosing (rather than being stuck with the amount applied to each blotter) you can use this volumetric method. Just leave the blotter in whatever tiny amount of solvent you can measure and subsequently subdivide. You can leave the blotter in there permanently, it eventually just disintegrates into fibers. Vodka is good because the ethanol prevents bacterial growth, and the water should hopefully be free of chlorine.

Just be sure to double check your numbers, and use your common sense when measuring. People have accidentally 10x their dose by forgetting a 0, stuff like that.

@outlandish I'm way too alert for that - I have such a respect for psychedelics. I've done psilocybin, MDMA, LSD and DMT thus far - and DMT is no fucking joke. That's why I want to be gradually increasing my experience with LSD. People claiming 5-MEO being a hundred time stronger than N,N-DMT.. I can say for sure I'm not ready for 5-MEO yet - at all. Hopefully within a year or two - and yet preparing for something that can't be prepared for is not the easiest thing... Do you have advice for when you should go for breakthrough dosages and very potent substances like 5-MEO? How did you approach that?

Re: the "100 times stronger" reputation, comparing 5-MeO-DMT to any other psychedelic is an apples and oranges kind of thing. It depends on how much you take, where you go with your trip, and so on. One thing for sure is that 5-MeO-DMT is the closest thing to a direct line to god that I've ever come across anyways.

You really have to go with your own guts on this question of if you're ready for it or not. 

I don't think you need to have tons of trips under your belt to benefit from 5-MeO-DMT, but I do think that meditation experience helps navigate 5-MeO-DMT. Other psychedelic trips are a really good warmup too, so I think you're going about it the right way. Besides, LSD and other psychedelics are great teachers in their own right.

The cool thing about 5-MeO-DMT is that you don't have to jump all the way in at the deep end, it's totally fine (and recommended) to work with it, work your way up in dosage.

How did I approach it? In my particular case I've taken over a hundred trips on various psychedelics over the last 2+ decades, and I've been meditating (very casually, I don't want to exaggerate my level of commitment) for about as long. A couple of years ago I realized I'd been overlooking 5-MeO-DMT and that I wanted to try it.

I think i stepped my dose up over 4 trials until I had a breakthrough at 20mg (insufl). I actually had a mini-breakthrough at 12mg or so that informed me I was on the right track. I also tried 22mg more recently, which was a non-breakthrough experience. There's more to it than just the dosage.

12 hours ago, outlandish said:

Re: the "100 times stronger" reputation, comparing 5-MeO-DMT to any other psychedelic is an apples and oranges kind of thing. It depends on how much you take, where you go with your trip, and so on. One thing for sure is that 5-MeO-DMT is the closest thing to a direct line to god that I've ever come across anyways.

You really have to go with your own guts on this question of if you're ready for it or not. 

I don't think you need to have tons of trips under your belt to benefit from 5-MeO-DMT, but I do think that meditation experience helps navigate 5-MeO-DMT. Other psychedelic trips are a really good warmup too, so I think you're going about it the right way. Besides, LSD and other psychedelics are great teachers in their own right.

The cool thing about 5-MeO-DMT is that you don't have to jump all the way in at the deep end, it's totally fine (and recommended) to work with it, work your way up in dosage.

How did I approach it? In my particular case I've taken over a hundred trips on various psychedelics over the last 2+ decades, and I've been meditating (very casually, I don't want to exaggerate my level of commitment) for about as long. A couple of years ago I realized I'd been overlooking 5-MeO-DMT and that I wanted to try it.

I think i stepped my dose up over 4 trials until I had a breakthrough at 20mg (insufl). I actually had a mini-breakthrough at 12mg or so that informed me I was on the right track. I also tried 22mg more recently, which was a non-breakthrough experience. There's more to it than just the dosage.

Yes, I know it's completely different but probably a very good warm up as you call it. I do meditate every day and have done so for nearly 3 years with 2 vipassana courses and one solo darkness retreat under my belt. I think that's crucial. 

How was your first 5-MEO experience may I ask?

Edited by Dan94