JaroslavtotheT

Mindfulness

16 posts in this topic

Hey people, hope y'all doing atleast well.

I would like to ask of you some advice on how to be mindful most of the time.

I know how to do it and it brings very good results... but most of the time I either forgot to do it or I'm not doing it as much as I'd like throughout a day.

Thanks for any reply^_^

yours Jerry

To be mindful is to be attentive to how you relate to the world in every moment.  To be mindful is to realize that you are part of the very life that you interact with as other people, animals and nature in general.   To bring such realization into focus as many times as possible during the day is to be mindful.  Even realizing that you forgot to practice mindfulness is being mindful. 

Being mindful is to watch the thoughts that present themselves to awareness and avoid falling prey to thoughts that "push your buttons" on various levels of desire and reaction.  Being mindful is being authentic, it is being "true" to your Self.  Being mindful is seeing that you are not a "person" but merely playing the role of a certain "person" and that there are other such "persons" that you interact with daily, and to realize that behind the "person" is "being" which is common to all of us, and to honour and respect that "being" because it is the essence of who you are.  

This may be considered  very "deep" to the "normal joe", but it is the basics of true freedom and reality.

joy :)

Edited by walt

Well thank you for such a long and detailed response!

You see I get that the so called 'I' and the world are in fact one and the same... but getting something logically, in your head and experiencing & living is something else entirely. That's where I have a problem. Getting something not just with my head. And I supposse that's also why many people cell enlightenment 'an incommunicable information'.... because just understanding it in your head is almost worthless to you...  you literally have to go through a journey in order to live it by your whole existence.

But what do I know 'bout being enlighted xD

Just build it into your routine. For example,  When I wake up in the morning. I get a cup of coffee, I hand-grind it and put it into a french press pot. Then  I just sit and drink without doing anything else. I make sure that I am as mindful as possible throughout the entire process.

You can also do it while performing some mundane chore. I only keep a few dishware so I usually hand-wash  them when I am done. It is a great time to be aware of the sound of the water, my breathing, the soap, etc.. I also do it when I am doing things I don't like to do like sweeping or cleaning the counter.

Catch yourself when you are upset or stressed about something then go into the mind state. It takes practice and perseverance, but is rewarding. If you fail to do it that day, make a mental note to do it next time.

Discipline yourself to meditate daily. It is the best way to just get into that state whenever.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

It basically requires MASSIVE amounts of rigorous practice & training.

1) Daily 1 hour mindfulness mediation habit with mental labeling (as described in my video Mindfulness Meditation).

2) Go to meditation retreats at least 2 times per years. Vipassanna retreats or other kinds.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks again for the replies.

d1ajax, your reply is quite helpful to me, You're right about meditating getting you into that mindfulness state, sometimes it feels like you're meditating even after meditation. It's simple and yet hard. Will do my best to make it a daily routine.

Leo Gura, that's kinda my problem too. You see I'm not having any problems with hard work whatsoever, I'm having problems with keeping that work constant (like I told you in my video request). And I'm not doing mindfulness meditation... I'm doing sort of mindfulness meditation, but it's not like one 100%. It's my own personal type of meditation which I enjoy very much. I do it however for only 21 minutes per day (trying to do it 24/7).

There's no magic trick. Just keep hammering on the consistency until you build the habit. Until then it will be rough going. Keep your eye on the big picture of what you're working towards: you are gonna transform your whole life! One baby step at a time.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Good day Leo 

thanks for putting this together, I love it

i hope you create an app soon, I would rather be here then Facebook. 

Okay about the topic, I'm checking myself three times a day, asking the question how am I feeling and why? It's working for me. 

"One day everything and everyone you know will be dead and buried."  Remind yourself of this every hour.

I saw this in a Sadhguru clip on youtube.  So every hour I internally ( and sometimes out loud) yell "Praise the lord I'm alive!"   

It is this 30 second blast, along with a daily meditation routine that is helping me be more mindfull.

Thanks for the feedback.

I really find this forum supportive & inspiring. Some topics here are a great inspiration for writing lyrics ^_^

20 minutes ago, JaroslavtotheT said:

Being aware of your own breathing might be a good start:) Start with the breath, then vision (what you see around), then what you hear and so on, this way you can easily raise the sensitivity of your own perception both inside and outside you. 

Good luck:)

Actually there is a little magic trick for this :D Leo you suggest us this sometimes too: wear a wristband to remind you of it everytime you see it

18 minutes ago, Nick said:

Leo you suggest us this sometimes too: wear a wristband to remind you of it everytime you see it

True, I have tried that and it definetely works:)

Edited by Eye

Mindfulness is an age-old practice that's been shown to help us become more balanced, mentally alert, and fully present. Basically, it's about being in the moment instead of living in our heads. Meditation is the key to mindfulness. Mindfulness is about absorbing all that is happening now, and letting yourself BE in every moment. With meditation, you can retrain your brain so that it's easier to be mindful. The SOS Method (https://sosmethod.co/) is a meditation app designed to help facilitate that process and in an easy, enjoyable way that takes just a few minutes a day. It's free to download on the iTunes and Google Play stores, so it's a great way to get started with mindfulness.