clouffy

Is enlightenment measured by the distance above your intellectual mind?

6 posts in this topic

quantitatively speaking, does enlightenment = how far you can distance yourself (perpendicularly) above your intellectual mind? so it's like mental levitation in some sense?

hence spiritual intelligence transcends/ goes above and beyond IQ in that sense..?

Take in mind that the average dormant operates consciously less than 4% of the body/mind capacity. 

Imagine unlocking more than that. 

Per example, from my experience and calculations, of being able to control the reptilian parts in me and others, I say I started operating at more than 20% of capacity. 

So in deep meditation, I'm capable of sensing ultra and infrasounds, infrared & ultraviolet spectrum of vision. Freaked me out some years ago.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@clouffy Enlightenment is to realize there is no perpendicular space in which to distance yourself from. Your intellectual mind is not distant from you. It is impossible to relate an analogy of 3-D space to enlightenment. It cannot be conceptualized, that's what it means to be transrational.

Enlightenment is being. It comes prior to conceptualization of any kind. Transrational does not mean "beyond" or "up" like we'd normally think. It's more like "without." It's a qualitatively different kind of knowing that occurs without the presence of mind. It can only be experienced. It cannot be communicated, only pointed to. ;)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

20 hours ago, clouffy said:

quantitatively speaking, does enlightenment = how far you can distance yourself (perpendicularly) above your intellectual mind? so it's like mental levitation in some sense?

hence spiritual intelligence transcends/ goes above and beyond IQ in that sense..?

Basically enlightenment is not in opposition to any of the human capacities and characteristics/properties. So the intellect and enlightenment are fully compatible. Without the intellect nobody would head for enlightenment and enlightened one's could not teach.

Generally if one tries to renounce any of the human capacities and characteristics/properties because one thinks that such renouncement is a prerequisite for enlightenment then this is called ignorance and ignorance is the biggest obstacle for enlightenment.
However this does not mean that one acts out the human characteristics/properties called 'passions' - like hatred, greed etc. So there is an essential difference between 'not renouncing' and 'acting out'.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@Hellspeed can you sense the earth moving too?

and how do you know that you can see UV light? what is that like