Preetom

Great Complimentary Videoes on Self-Inquiry

38 posts in this topic

Start from where you are.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Bentinho's one of the primary teachings: Voluntarily stop yourself and drop all attachment to form for 2-5 seconds, at least 12 times a day and tune into that sense of nonlocated, formless, undeniable sense of I AM

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@okulele

Thanks for the contribution :x

I feel that this technique self-inquiry(being aware of being aware) needs a lot more recognition and clarity. It is the cure for the fear of death and the sense of lack and unworthiness.

The kingdom of heaven is available right here right now 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

An excellent live demonstration of self-inquiry through the negation of the 5 sheaths as taught in classical advaita vedanta.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Step 1: Hone in that sense of I AM

Step 2: Clearly see and dis-identify from any 'thing' that the I AM seems to be attached with

repeat...until Enlightenment happens

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

This for me was probably the most important video I watched in the last 3 years.  I had always been interested in the Truth and spirituality, but due to my dad and my first spiritual teachers influence I had a preconceived judgement of the advaita view of enlightenment.  I was all about self responsibility and the power of choice for positive change, and so much so that I was a bundled knot of perfection, not allowing myself to simply Be.  This video allowed me to truely let go and Be, to let myself Be without having to wait till I change all my negative qualities as I saw them and also recognize that there are things that can be done to help the personality/negative tendencies and others.

@okulele Interesting video choice. I have actually spoken with Hogen a few times when I lived in Portland.

"Make sure you sense the presence of being, without that all of the spiritual teaching is just blah blah blah.."

"The sense of being has enormous transformative power, the rest is basically rearranging one's neuroses"

-Adyashanti

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Inquire into the one who suffers

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

The awe-inspiring headless experiment by Douglas Harding. Get a taste of limitlessness right now.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 hours ago, Preetom said:

The awe-inspiring headless experiment by Douglas Harding. Get a taste of limitlessness right now.

Actually I randomly stumbled on this video when I was tripping on LSD some time ago. Good times :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Words of inspiration and pitfalls. It's all about perseverance.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Wow. The bar has been raised so much.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 12/31/2018 at 8:26 AM, Preetom said:

Bentinho's one of the primary teachings: Voluntarily stop yourself and drop all attachment to form for 2-5 seconds, at least 12 times a day and tune into that sense of nonlocated, formless, undeniable sense of I AM

Heresy.

This guy has two wives, loves car and is not wearing a robe.

(I'm also jealous of him because he's younger than me, but I'm not honest so I won't admit that ?)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, Shin said:

Heresy.

This guy has two wives, loves car and is not wearing a robe.

(I'm also jealous of him because he's younger than me, but I'm not honest so I won't admit that ?)

lol this comment reminds me of something I read from Eckhart Tolle. Gotta give credit to the man for mapping out and presenting graphic details on how ego generally operates.

When the ego conceives some other entity as superior and subsequently feels diminished by it, it will then follow either of these 2 strategies.

1) The ego will either fight and resist against it through violence, judgement, projection, belittling etc and claim it's own false superiority

2) Or the the ego will associate itself with that thing/brand/entity to not feel insecure anymore by joining the gang

ouch 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I AM.

Period

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''