CreamCat

How do you make living from investments?

8 posts in this topic

What is your modus operandi?

@GeoLura How do you do it? Can you give us a brief overview?

Edited by CreamCat

If you want to live from investments, the you will need to have a hefty sum of money beforehand.

Otherwise it's a gamble.

Better invest whatever you have into creating your own business.

Edited by Girzo

4 hours ago, Girzo said:

Better invest whatever you have into creating your own business.

That's what I'm going to do. I just wondered how people without a lot of money turn themselves into investors.

Agree, making a living from investments means you need to invest a large sum.

Most "safe" investments have a low return, meaning you need a big sum to make a decent living.

Risky investments have higher returns so you can put it less money but risk losing most or all of it.

Technically, investing in anything means we are investors, but not necessarily "accredited investors."

Besides that, investing is a method to preserve wealth, not to generate wealth. Generating wealth comes from business.

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@katykat That's quite a biased view of investment. My father emphasizes real estate auctions.

@CreamCat Oh sorry, I should've prefaced with stock/bond investing. Of course the are other investment vehicles as well, especially real estate, owning rental properties, etc. I'm not suggesting only stocks and bonds. I'll go ahead and remove my comment since it doesn't seem to be at all helpful. 

@CreamCat There’s so much you can learn on Youtube.

One common practice I notice on Youtube with real estate investors is that at first they live frugally for x amount of time to save up enough capital to get a mortgage loan, put a down payment on, and buy a house. Usually valued in the $200k-$300k range, with some extra rooms that you can rent out. So you yourself can live there, and at the same time you can get some roomates to pay you each month, which will help you pay off the loan. And then you can scale up and repeat that same process. Buy another home and rent it out.

You can flip items which is what I do sometimes. Last Black Friday I made a small $105 profit. This is my first time flipping on black friday. Next year I’m doing the same but with more purchases. I looked at some of the popular “Top Deals” for each store, but made sure it was something I actually like and know a bit about. Compare it to other prices, make sure its a good deal, and buy it. I held it until a couple days before Christmas and they sold out pretty quick. Sold it on Craigslist or letgo. You can also flip them on eBay. If you were wondering, $50 profit on a new PS4, $25 on Beats headphones, $30 on an iPod Touch. And then of course you can do this with phones, cars, houses, etc.

Stock investing, just be disciplined enough to put away a certain percentage of your income so that you can invest it. But of course its important to learn how to invest and what to invest in, etc. Personally I’m waiting on a recession or crash in 2019-2020 before I jump in.

Short-term trading Forex/Options/Stocks, just learn and do it. Learn technical analysis and just practice everyday. Not a lot to say about this. Babypips.com and Youtube is good for learning.

Start an Amazon FBA business, buy from China and sell on Amazon. Learn it on Youtube

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein