Anton Rogachevski

Humbling meditations

12 posts in this topic

I didn't create my abilities, they were given to me.

It wasn't my choice to be born from my parents.

The 'hardware' given to me with all it's potential.

I was extremely lucky to be brought into a first world country, and given all the comfort and love needed to grow to the level I'm at.

Without my anxiety and depression I wouldn't have even seen any videos or look for solutions.

All I 'know' is from outer sources. If I hadn't stumbled upon Leo's channel, I would probably have not even gotten into personal development.

I have no idea how insights come or from where.

I get no credit at all, for nothing. Just got lucky.

@Anton Rogachevski

Cool insights! Thanks for sharing.

It seems to me like you're totally surrendered, and that's why you see the value of everything you have.

I think it's time to transcend and move up to the next level.

You enjoy walking?

1 hour ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

I didn't create my abilities, they were given to me.

It wasn't my choice to be born from my parents.

The 'hardware' given to me with all it's potential.

I was extremely lucky to be brought into a first world country, and given all the comfort and love needed to grow to the level I'm at.

Without my anxiety and depression I wouldn't have even seen any videos or look for solutions.

All I 'know' is from outer sources. If I hadn't stumbled upon Leo's channel, I would probably have not even gotten into personal development.

I have no idea how insights come or from where.

I get no credit at all, for nothing. Just got lucky.

which meditation techniques do you use?

You seem to be getting a lot out of it right now.  That's good.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 minutes ago, theking00 said:

which meditation techniques do you use?

• Do nothing (surrender, no manipulation, acceptance)
  • Focus on breath
  • Mantra
  • Mindfulness
  • Self-Inquiry
  • Prayer (I'm not religious)
  • Listening to people share without judging, compassionately.
  • Contemplation
  • Feeling into emotions (also writing)
Edited by Anton Rogachevski

22 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Anton Rogachevski

Cool insights! Thanks for sharing.

It seems to me like you're totally surrendered, and that's why you see the value of everything you have.

I think it's time to transcend and move up to the next level.

You enjoy walking?

What level? Sure I enjoy a lot of things I previously suffered from. Even pain and frustration just pass me by. I am at a deep peace of simple being. Being a fool.

2 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

What level? Sure I enjoy a lot of things I previously suffered from.

It's not literally a 'level'. Just another part of the path which is you.

I would say if you like walking, try walking for 3-4 hours straight, and see the magic! Tons of insights!

Have you had mentors/gurus? Who’s been your greatest teacher (other than yourself)? 

Have you given up trying to change people, especially those you love? 

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Have you had mentors/gurus? Who’s been your greatest teacher (other than yourself)? 

No gurus in person, just Leo's videos, also Alan Watts lectures. By now it's hard to pinpoint since I've explored many many sources, and it's all integrated beautifully into what it is. It's an interesting point since I can't seem to accept any 'authority'. It's the arrogance I guess.

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Have you given up trying to change people, especially those you love? 

In the process. Getting much better. Acceptance of what is, as it is, was one of the most liberating actions I'd 'done'.

@Anton Rogachevski

Cool! I wish the best for you my friend.

I'm still at the very beginning. But I like it here, I don't want to empty my cup yet. My ego is still resisting. Any advice?

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

My ego is still resisting. Any advice?

No worry, it's just doing its job. Also it can't really do anything since it's a thought - an appearance.

Can a villian on movie screen hurt or resist the screen? "The ego is resisting" is yet another thought, that's part of the story. Your job is being very very good at 'seeing' thoughts for what they are, and not believing what they say.

Being connected and learning to distinguish direct experience from thought is crucial for this work. 

The first trouble is creating a double ego - by saying "my ego"one is creating a sense of me the 'good ego', and this the 'bad ego'. So it's better to just say I'm still resisting. I am the ego. 

Any "you" that is experienced is not the real you, you are always the invisible perceiver that sees all, but not seen. Any idea of a perceiver is again the ego in disguise. It's always taking a step back and pretending to be you, saying: "Look at that ego, he's still resisting."  which is a form of self criticizing, that is done to keep the drama going, to deceive you from seeing the truth. (Drama in the mind is preventing stillness, which is necessary to see truth)

Fighting the ego, or trying to prove it's not real is only perpetuating it. The story of ego and of 'reality', is a huge cloud blocking the sun, see through the story and you will see the sun.

Don't look for anything extraordinary or mystical, the truth is not hidden, it's right in front of you! You just don't know what you are looking for. Just look, that's it!

Do look for signs of being too sure, and thinking you know something. Your friends are confusion and not-knowing, embrace these emotions, and let go of the need to know anything. (It's impossible anyway)

The second issue is "Still", which implies time, and progress, which are just part of the ego's little heroic (or tragic) story. Forget about progress. Even a mantra of: "I'm already here, I've arrived." is good at the beginning just so you stop looking for the event in the 'future'.

Good luck on your path fellow traveler,
Thank you for reading and being here.