Mezanti

Help with mental masturbation

23 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Mezanti said:

all the people that are successful and admirable and have achieved something great in their life tend to have an action oriented lifestyle, constantly achieving, creating, advancing, growing... I seem to have lost that while growing up....

I've been involved with actualized.org and Leo's videos for quite a while now, not only that, but i've been on the internet watching a variety of different individuals talk their perceptions on how to live life, i've read a few books here n there and although i am growing the growth is minimal i feel as if though there would be a more efficient way to go about this growth that im experiencing.

I find myself 95% of the time stuck in mental masturbation, and it's gotten to the point where everything i hear is just starting to repeat itself.

"i wanna take action!"  i've said that literally hundreds of times this past year, and i never seem to actually take action, i'm not generating any results,  I just keep watching the videos, jacking off my brain...

tips on how to get out of this rut?

You cannot take action tomorrow. There is only the present moment. Take action now or realize you simply arent ready yet.

A question to ask yourself every day - "What am I going to do today?"

@Elysian I find it interesting what you're saying. 

On 29.12.2018 at 6:03 AM, Elysian said:

Doing 'good' behaviors doesn't create a 'good' person, a 'good' person naturally does 'good' behavior effortlessly. If you're having to force yourself to be something, you're not actually that, you're resisting your nature. Very unhealthy thing to do.

In your opinion you should not strive to become something, rather just let go of control and act from the state of space/love?

@Mezanti Find your Life Purpose. Have a vision for your future. Build good habits around that, start small. Learn to embrace the discomfort of challenges by just watching it like you would watch the clouds or thoughts. Reward yourself when you've overcome a hurdle. Have the daily goal to take action, write a to-do list for that. 

I wish you all the best! You're in a good place mentally, which is the crucial first step. Now it's time for doing. You will achieve you goals, I'm sure of that! Just focus on one day at a time and always remind yourself of your goals! :)