Dan Arnautu

Kundalini Awakening. Would Love Some Guidance.

28 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Martin123 said:

If you can snap out of it its not a kundalini awakening. damn bro im disappointed :D

It wasn't instantaneous though. It took a few minutes.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Picking through bits in the list of Jana Dixon links on her Biology of Kundalini website might be of help.

It is similar in tone to Nahm's good advice and the video offered by Keiranperez

http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/article.php@story=RelaxingwiththeTransrational.html

This is one of her links under the subcategory MEANING

Her knowledge was helpful for me,,, still is

It was not an easy time for me. Over 3-4 years it would come and go.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Dan Arnautu When you enter this nondual state with strong energy impulse, are you able to pull back and dial it down?

One thing I’m currently learning in yoga is working within energy flows. Sometimes the energy gets into unstable state of frequencey and fluctuation that can feel too intense and uncomfortable. Sometimes an energetic relaxing and calming arises. Other times, the energy seems to align in the present moment and flow. And yet other times it’s beyond my edge and I either sit in the discomfort or take a break if I can.

@Zigzag Idiot That is a wonderful essay and website. She integrates various modes of being beautifully. This is the first I’ve heard of her. Thanks for sharing it! ? 

Dan, you've gotten plenty of great advice/insights here especially from @Nahm but I'll share my experience as I had my kundalini awakening last January and can empathize with how brutal it can be. All we've got is our own experiences so I'll do my best here to relate my journey to what I'd anticipate your experiencing as well.  

The Kundalini moving through you now has a mind of its own and honestly is largely out of your control. This can be freaky when it moves through you in such powerful waves as you've described. At times it can feel highly destructive in terms of your internal world, emotional state, physical body and overall world views. For me, the last year has been a process of breaking down in all areas of my life and shedding the old like a snake does with its skin. I won't go in to the details of this too much as it can be pretty gnarly but this process of 'death and rebirth' is one that can be seen across various cultures and religions (Jesus dying and becoming resurrected, Jonah entering the belly of the whale, the hero's journey, etc.) We like to think of growth as this positive, easy experience (at least I did when I was younger) but the more acceptance/love you can bring to the challenges and suffering you face, the easier they are internally to handle. Growth and transcendence means that something must 'die off' and be transcended; this is what's painful about this process, the letting go of false beliefs, illusions, emotions, and stuck energy in the body. It seems negative or scary, but like the caterpillar becoming a butterfly, there is tremendous beauty on the other side. This perspective is not widely common in our society but it has been incredibly helpful for me throughout this process in terms of reconciling and appreciating the value of suffering.

This would not be happening to you if you weren't ready for it and didn't want it at a deep level; this is beyond the conscious mind (which honestly has no idea what the fuck is happening thus causing suffering) but more so at an intuitive soul level. This is a blessing in disguise with the potential to transform literally every aspect of your life from your relationships, physical body, diet, emotional state, general/social/political worldviews, to your metaphysical understanding.

Imagine you just bought a new house without looking at it much and your next door neighbor comes over and tells you about the broken plumbing, the mold in the basement, the incredibly loud air conditioning at night and the rat problem. Now you obviously aren't going to be stoked about this, but you're going to be extremely grateful for your neighbor bringing all these issues to your awareness. They were there before, you just didn't know it and now you do and now you can take corrective action to better the situation. This is the hidden blessing of Kundalini. 

Much love and blessings on this journey.

@kev014 Thanks for the detailed advice. Gonna try to see if like that. 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Like someone else said, congratulations and my condolences.

This started for me just over a year ago. I had no prior knowledge of kundalini, but I feel like I've had a pretty smooth ride compared to a lot of people. Most days, I take some time to let the energy run through me. The first months, it would be really intense and last for hours, now it's a lot calmer and doesn't last as long. It got a lot easier when I realized at a) it calms down faster if I not only let it happen, but pay attention to the kriyas, and b) I can talk to the energy and ask it to back off or invite it to move.

Since I was initially very freaked out and realized I was resisting, I also made a point of thanking my favorite deity each time I had kriyas or anything else that made me uncomfortable, which made it easier for me.

I know some people feel better on a vegan diet, but I still eat meat. I don't really want to switch to less filling foods since kundalini has made me so hungry 24/7. I tried abstaining from alcohol for like 4 months, but didn't notice any difference. I'd advise against smoking or eating pot though, as an edible gave me one of the worst experiences of my life. Ofc, YMMV.

In general - shit will come up. It will suck. It will pass. Sometimes you get random feelings of bliss, love etc. Try not to be attached to either.

I know it's easy to feel very alone in this process, so if you need someone to talk to, shoot me a message!