Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Tarpall

How to deal with lack of knowhow?

10 posts in this topic

Lets say that I desperately want a coconut but I have no idea how to climb the tree. And I also don't know where to learn how to climb the tree. This is a very annoying situation to be in. What's the best attitude or mindset to have in this situation?

Edit: And I also don't know where the tree is. Better analogy.

Edited by Eric Tarpall

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

42 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Lets say that I desperately want a coconut but I have no idea how to climb the tree. And I also don't know where to learn how to climb the tree. This is a very annoying situation to be in. What's the best attitude or mindset to have in this situation?

Meditation. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

30 minutes ago, Shiva said:

If you don't know where to learn it you have to look for it until you find it.

Yeah but it's kinda demoralizing if I don't even know where to look for it. It makes me want to give up.

20 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Meditation.

Do you mean relaxing & unfocusing the mind? Or do you mean deep contemplation?

2 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Do you mean relaxing & unfocusing the mind? Or do you mean deep contemplation?

Meditation is simply focus on Breath above anything, let anything come and go while you relax in the sound and feeling of Breath. Other techniques are just that, additional techniques to meditation. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

The best thing to do is start trying, Teachers and other resources can help you reach your goal more efficiently but there's plenty to learn from just getting out there and doing it.

when you have a strong why and what for, the rest will follow, all how to questions are a means to get more information ( for the purpose of give you security into what is next and feel ready)  which on itself prevents you from taking action.

If you have a compelling reason, a strong reason to climbing a tree for food, you won´t sit and ask yourself how, you will climb no matter what it takes or how many times you may fail, you would ask around, copy people who have done it etc

So the question is, what do you really want? and why?

What would having that do for you?

Edited by Greatnestwithin

33 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

If you have a compelling reason, a strong reason to climbing a tree for food, you won´t sit and ask yourself how, you will climb no matter what it takes

I should have given a better analogy. Lets say that you desperately want a coconut. But you don't even know where the tree is.

6 minutes ago, Shiva said:

What specifically is this thing you are trying to learn?

Something illegal. So there are no teachers or books about it. At least not that I'm aware of. It's nothing evil though haha

Fill in as much as you can (like the edge of a puzzle) and then brainstorm/work on a solution that would fill in the middle. 

i.e. if your goal was to get to Mars then you would do what you can with what you know now (filling in the edges), and then experiment with the rest (discovering the middle).

Why would you want to pursue something illegal? 

Get the #1 Productivity Hack for 2019 (That no one knows about) Get it Here!

2 hours ago, Chase Ellfeldt said:

Fill in as much as you can (like the edge of a puzzle) and then brainstorm/work on a solution that would fill in the middle.

You mean like writing down all the facts that I know about the situation? That's not a bad idea.

2 hours ago, Chase Ellfeldt said:

Why would you want to pursue something illegal?

Because I think pursuing that thing will make me happy.