TheAvatarState

"How To Connect With Infinite Creativity"

5 posts in this topic

Leo, you mentioned this briefly in your wage slavery video. I think this would be an extremely fascinating and important topic.

There are a couple of techniques that I know of, such as: Thomas Edison used to hold a steel ball in his hand and drift off to sleep in his chair, and the second he drifted off, the metal ball would clang on the ground, and he's jolt awake and write down his ideas. How cool is that? Tom Bilyeu (Impact Theory YT channel) says that he uses his own technique he calls "Thinkitivity," where meditates until he reaches a theta (?) brain wave state, then writes down everything that comes to him on his laptop. He says that 85% of his business ideas come from Thinkitivity. I'm sure there are many other meditation techniques that can lead to infinite creativity.

In your area of expertise, you could discuss WHY these techniques work (from a metaphysical perspective), what creativity really is and where it comes from, and how to apply it for personal development. Perhaps you have some ideas on how to use psychedelics for creativity? This would be such a juicy topic!   

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

At least in visual arts, creativity and technique (mastery) comes hand in hand. This is what I had to learn the hard way. There are no short cuts to creativity.  Not even psychedelics. You got to do the work and put in the mileage. That being said, here is an amazing meditation/creativity practise thought by  a master : 

what thomas Edison did seems to describe the diffused mode of thinking vs the focused mode of thinking.

to really get creative i recommend looking up deliberate practice which is all about how you get creative. 

and Myelin is why deliberate practice works. 

Edited by BjarkeT

wasn't he going to have a course on creativity come out like 2 years ago? what happened to that. where do I learn about creativity