LoveandPurpose

Spirituality and Self-Actualization - A Paradox?

23 posts in this topic

Those two seemingly different topics sometimes confuse me.

Spirituality is about disidentifying from your ego. Self-Actualization is about improving your ego. 

Spirituality is about being selfless. Self-Actualization is about gaining more self esteem.

Is there a connection between those two polar opposites? Should you try to better yourself because a healthy ego is easier to transcend?

And should you do both simultaneously or focus solely on one for a while and then switch to the other one?

@LoveandPurpose Take care of the body, learn about everything you’re interested in, actually create the life you dream of from your deepest desires. Discover who you really are -  self actualization & spirituality are one and the same.

Love the “ego”. Love yourself entirely.  All is you, there’s no such actuality as “dis identification”  (that‘s ignorance - “ignoring”, love instead).

There’s no “ego”, so there’s no “healthy ego”. That is ignoring, look and love instead. There’s not two to switch between, you are, and have only ever been, the one. 

No offense, but it seems desire is where your confusion / self misunderstanding is occurring. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It is a brand, don't worry about it. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@LoveandPurpose Let me ask you some questions: What is self-actualization at its core? What is spirituality at its core? Can you self-actualize without practicing spirituality?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState Self-Actualization is about optimizing your character, your personality. Spirituality is about realizing that this character is an illusion. So yes, I think that you can self-actualize without practicing spirituality. 

What do you think? 

12 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@TheAvatarState Self-Actualization is about optimizing your character, your personality. Spirituality is about realizing that this character is an illusion. So yes, I think that you can self-actualize without practicing spirituality. 

What do you think? 

Look up Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Self actualization is at the very top of the pyramid. It is not the optimization of character (that's not "actual"), it is "the realization or fulfillment of one's talents and potentialities." So how can someone become their greatest version without knowing themselves at the deepest and most fundamental level (spirituality)? Do you see what I'm getting at? These two topics are not different at all, in fact, they are intimately intertwined. 

Sent from my iEgo

6 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Hellspeed What exactly do you mean? That Self-Actualization is just a concept?

Yes.

Because all this of awakening is a journey of discovery of what is already there. So we can put the concept of constant actualization of the EGO to a new grasp of reallity. 

But comes in the paradox that EGO will dissolve :) And it will. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Nahm Great advice, thank you! I agree, self love is essential.

Could you please briefly elaborate on "self-actualization & spirituality are one and the same"?

No I know what you mean, without desire my life would have more clearity, I think. But on the other hand I want to live the best life possible and when I'm just focusing in spirituality after a while I get the sense of something lacking, which is progess in the world of form. Should I then not give into that and solely make progress from a space of love without diving too much into the whole self improvement mindset?

@TheAvatarState Becoming more self-confident, more extroverted, developing discipline etc.

But I feel like spirituality actually solves a lot of these problems.

@LoveandPurpose Yes. Put another way, how does one become more self-confident, more extroverted, and better at developing discipline? In a healthy way, the true way, is to deconstruct your personality and practice spirituality. It sounds counter-intuitive, but it's really not if you think about it.

Sent from my iEgo

@LoveandPurpose I'll also highly recommend reading the Alchemist. :D11/10, and it's pretty short.

Sent from my iEgo

Hmm.

maybe prior to enlightenment it appears to be a paradox.

but after, self actualization just happens by itself, like it always has.