Arthur

The Double Slit Experiment - QM

27 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, zambize said:

you're bathing in consciousness atm

Yes, that's one of my conclusions without knowing anything about QM. But it makes a lot of sense.

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

@zambize Thank you! I feel better now... hahahaha...

Yes, the thing for me is that anything can be an observer and create an interference (or a collapse in the wave function). I am not so sure quantum mechanics proves anything.

The only clear thing to me is what Niels Bohr said, that matter is made out of things that we don't consider matter. (Not his exact words, but that's the idea.)

Thanks again!

:-)

Not sure is OKAY too, glad I could help somewhat haha.  Even if QM could prove anything, the existence of infinite intelligence/god etc, would it not come in the form of some experiment and analysis of that experiment.  That's not the answer I want, it's just words, I want the direct experience of these answers.  So although I don't think QM at it's current state can prove metaphysical questions, even if it could, it would be an anticlimactic reveal to me

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Just now, Mikael89 said:

Yea so that confirms what I have been saying.

They confirm that it's the act of observation/knowing which affects the experiment. It's not the detector itself which physically alters the experiment.

Consciousness even changes the past, like they said in the video.

Knowing the path taken, and someone who is conscious knowing which path is taken are two different things, that being said, this feels like a massive time sink, I'll read whatever you have to say, but I'm just so uninterested in this so you'll have to catch me on another thread haha

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

On 12/23/2018 at 4:28 AM, Arthur said:

The conclusion was that the act of observation collapses this wave of infinite possibilities

The missing key or wrong word not only you but used with all others is, you still make observation on wall or how you could even know about it. it is not about observation, rather thing(((((S)))))) you want to observe. This gets expained by own agenda.

This experiment shows you cannot know two things at once for certain, if Im not wrong it was the momentum and location? ( @ajasatya ?? ) you can only have one and when you observe other, things collapse. Actually this was not first come upon with quantum physics some early mathematicians had this model about something else.

My proposal is to not add more pain on going drama. This does not show or needs to show we're in living simulation, What's our "living" criteria then? Why am I saying this is that one can easily come in front of you when you say like this and answer to you "this is just yet another rule, universe is composed of rules. it's a machine operates". and sound interestingly this now becomes something got more fire.

Edited by non_nothing

@non_nothing yes, momentum and position can't be known with arbitrary precision.

and i agree with you. we should not extrapolate the results of experiments to fit our expectations. if we want to show something through science, we should design a reproducible experiment with a specific goal.

example:

i am still trying to design experiments to test metaphysical hypothesis about the nature of Reality. i think it has something to do with information theory. the act of observation seems to make a chaotic system (high potential to become something and high entropy) converge into a range of possibilities with a particular pattern. that is my hypothesis.

edit: of course i am biased towards thinking of information theory. i am a computer scientist after all.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

53 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@non_nothing yes, momentum and position can't be known with arbitrary precision.

and i agree with you. we should not extrapolate the results of experiments to fit our expectations. if we want to show something through science, we should design a reproducible experiment with a specific goal.

example:

i am still trying to design experiments to test metaphysical hypothesis about the nature of Reality. i think it has something to do with information theory. the act of observation seems to make a chaotic system (high potential to become something and high entropy) converge into a range of possibilities with a particular pattern. that is my hypothesis.

edit: of course i am biased towards thinking of information theory. i am a computer scientist after all.

(about first video:) I have no idea how they do (maybe very precise sounds (even quiet) that we make that animals can distinguish about when we're approaching home) that but my cat also have the same ability. We (Me and my family) living in an apartment flat and we don't know how our cat can distinguish between a family member or another neighbor living in the same flat. but every time whenever some family member approaches to the apartment gate, our cat knows it, stands up where she was lying down and rushes to the door for to wait family member to come in.

(about second) I'd say the same thing I've noticed including, this is yet another thing that they're trying to do. The decay of scent over time etc etc. Yes indeed It would be amazing to show how animals do it but there's a greater thing to be noticed in this video, closer thing to say would be the magnificence of the evolution of species and how each living being is evolved such intelligent creatures.

(about the end of video): "Ony the human mind can understand" closing phase is what would drive me nuts. I have been talking about all about this issue within all scientific or rationale minds.

14 hours ago, zambize said:

Not sure is OKAY too, glad I could help somewhat haha.  Even if QM could prove anything, the existence of infinite intelligence/god etc, would it not come in the form of some experiment and analysis of that experiment.  That's not the answer I want, it's just words, I want the direct experience of these answers.  So although I don't think QM at it's current state can prove metaphysical questions, even if it could, it would be an anticlimactic reveal to me

True!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16