Followers 0
ivankiss

The illusion of movement

23 posts in this topic

But I see both at

11 hours ago, SoonHei said:

no... no skill really

there is no method to bring about the understanding

sure you can do various exercises/teachings etc which can get you closer and closer

or as leo would say, try some pysedellecs and let them do the talking

but just like with this image: The-young-girl-old-woman-illusion-otherw

there is no "skill " that is needed to see the old vs young woman. the shift just happens when it does...

ergo... the pathless path

But I see both at the same time! 

12 hours ago, ivankiss said:

What are the mechanics behind this illusion of movement? What makes it apparent?

Imputation of true existence to an alleged agent of movement entails appearance of movement.

The illusion ceases when imputation ceases.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

6 hours ago, ivankiss said:

What would life look like if I was to forget about past and future?

Rather than living life in the illusion, you can live live with the illusion. You can choose to drop the illusion when it suits you.

Say you are angry with a friend because of something bad they said to you yesterday. If you drop the illusion, there was no yesterday, it's just a construction of the mind. This means that what the friend said is also a construction in your mind: and you are angry at this construction! Once you realise how ridiculous this is, you will drop your anger, because it serves no purpose. 

Another example. Say you are going to go on a skydive tomorrow. You are nervous as hell, what happens if the parachute doesn't open, or you have a heart attack, or you throw up? You feel bad, right now. But tomorrow is just an illusion in your mind and so are the nervous thoughts. You are feeling bad about something that isn't happening. That is also ridiculous. Forget about tomorrow, it will happen soon enough, in its own way, independent of your thoughts about it.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't plan. Everyday life is predictable to a certain extent, and you can guide things to happen your way. But ruminating over things in the past and the future is largely a pointless activity and a waste of emotional energy.

7 hours ago, ivankiss said:

I am just...worried I might end up trapped somehow.

I hope you can see from the above, that you will actually be liberated. Don't be trapped in the past and the future.

All stories and explanations are false.