Harikrishnan

10 reason not to have sex untill marriage

4 posts in this topic

I dont care am having sex ? what u guys think? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

#10 - What if sex IS the problem in the relationship? Imagine marrying yourself to your partner only to discover that you two are completely incompatible sex-wise.

#9 The idea that you can't evaluate your feelings before you put a ring on your partner's finger is utterly stupid.

#8 Reasonable argument.

#7 Condoms, hormone pills, IUD, fertility awareness, vasectomy, tubal ligation. We're not in medieval times anymore, contraception works.

#6 This issue isn't connected to sex outside of marriage at all.

#5 Reasonable argument.

#4 That statistic is bullshit, the argument is invalid.

#3 He's talking as if only men wants to have sex. Did he know women wants to have sex too? This issue is not black or white.

#2 I'm not sure what to think about this.

#1 Reasonable argument.

Overall, I understand why someone would want to not have sex before marriage. Most of the points this guy talked about were bullshit, but there was also a couple of reasonable one.

Basically, be mindful of your actions. Don't be a mindless chimp running around.

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

These arguments aren't special or new, as the guy in the video implies. It's the same bullshit they used to tell me growing up. (Especially the duct tape analogy. Jesus Christ, that's an old tired one.)

And all of the arguments make one huge assumption: that human relationships follow a set rubric and storyline, and that the highest end goal for a relationship is marriage. "You can waste years of each other's lives just having sex [and not getting married]." As if any relationship you have that doesn't end in marriage is a waste of time.

Personally, I think seeing a partner as merely a prospective spouse and viewing the relationship as a waste of time if they don't commit is objectifying them. It's just as bad as viewing the person as merely a sex object and seeing the relationship as a waste of time if they don't put out. In both cases, you're trying to get something from the other person besides merely their company and connection, and you're reducing them to serving some role in your life.

Not only is this a very narrow view of human relationships, but it's also freaking boring. I wish people would think outside the box a little more when it comes to romantic relationships. It would make things way more interesting.

Edited by eleveneleven