zakur0

Lsd Bad Trip Experiences (ego Death)

8 posts in this topic

I don't really want ruin vibe of this forum by talking about drugs and stuff but this topic is not about addiction but more of a 'spiritual' part of it. Please do not hate.

Couple of years ago i was neck deep into psychedelics and at some 'hit rock bottom' hard when unexpectedly had extremely intense bad trip. Basically i just disintegrated and became what i assume pure awareness but in a scariest way possible. I forgot everything about myself and human nature in general but could perceive reality somehow. I could see hear and touch but it did a very different sense like all it was just the same thing. And later i read about such thing as Ego Death which really fit what i had experienced before. And now i've been practising meditation and no-drugs lifestyle since a while ago and started to rethink that bad trip. Did it really touch some elements of enlightenment no-ego thing or it was just a chemical illusion (that wasnt that illusional at all). 

13 minutes ago, zakur0 said:

I don't really want ruin vibe of this forum by talking about drugs and stuff but this topic is not about addiction but more of a 'spiritual' part of it. Please do not hate.

Couple of years ago i was neck deep into psychedelics and at some 'hit rock bottom' hard when unexpectedly had extremely intense bad trip. Basically i just disintegrated and became what i assume pure awareness but in a scariest way possible. I forgot everything about myself and human nature in general but could perceive reality somehow. I could see hear and touch but it did a very different sense like all it was just the same thing. And later i read about such thing as Ego Death which really fit what i had experienced before. And now i've been practising meditation and no-drugs lifestyle since a while ago and started to rethink that bad trip. Did it really touch some elements of enlightenment no-ego thing or it was just a chemical illusion (that wasnt that illusional at all). 

It doesn't really matter what it did with your mind. It matters what it did to your body. When was it that you overused drugs? I personally think that overusing something like drugs is one of the worst things ever. Well I had a trip on shrooms a half year ago. Did it once and never again. It was an awesome experience with positive and negative moments. But with a beautiful deepness that just makes it worth remembering. What you probably have is the pseudo effect of drugs. You overused it. So do you think that anything good can come out of it? Bad trips are a sign of you being stupid, because you used drugs knowing that you are not in the best mental state. This whole journey can be enlightening by realizing what you went through. Not the drug itself. It is all in your mind. So many people make up such stupid stuff because of the hype that is created around drugs. It is all in your mind. We define the word drug. Enlightenment is just a freakin word that makes this whole forum just a whiff of the greatness that it could bring to people. 

But alright, let's be gentle. A bad trip is usually like a stressed reaction of your body. That is to some  degree connected to your ego. But most of all drugs sort of emphasize what is going on inside you. So when you talk about this whole awareness stuff and disintegrated and ego death, I don't know how much you already thought about such topics before using the drug. Well if you drink lots of alcohol you just lying there on the floor not knowing what is happening with you. Well there you have your ego death xD

I would just consider not taking certain topics too seriously because life itself should just be filled with casual spirits and passionate bodies. 

I think psychedelics can be useful in inducing positive but temporary no-self experiences, and that ultimately bad trips are fundamentally rooted in deep insecurities you aren't necessarily aware of. Meditate on the experience and ask yourself why it really happened. Try to view the event not as some external chemical stimuli that sent you into disarray, but as something that you caused yourself, and see what you come up with.

@zakur0 You had an experience that was totally different from your normal waking, dreaming or meditating experiences.

It was an experience you had no control about. You where a victim without any influence to take control.

Does it sounds like a flash of an enlightened experience? 

It`s more like experiencing a flash of hell, where the lost souls go for a while after life, the psychic realms.

I used to do drugs when I was out of home for 1,5 years (at university).

Mainly I wanted it for spiritual reasons, but well, most of the time it was for curiosity, fun or emotional comfort. I came back home started on a different university from the beginning, now living with parents. I used to be angry that I have no opportunity to take anything, because I wasn't left alone for longer than 12 hours.

However, after some time, I came to realization that I don't need it in any way. It can't be possible that enlightenment (or as I like to call it ascension which has a stronger meaning) is dependent on outer world. I mean not completely independent, but it's impossible that it requires serotonin/dopamine/NDMA altering, which is actually quite too complex in terms of doing it manually by a human. Yeah and I felt that I'm irritating serotonin terminals and don't accept how my brain works sober (which is actually against self-acceptance policy).

Edited by appleaurorae

I have not ever done LSD, but tried mushrooms and had my share of potent weed.

Don't forget that you can trip really hard from sleep deprivation, food deprivation and isolation..  So you might have been able to have that experience even without the drugs.

Edited by cly

On 11.4.2016 at 5:02 PM, zakur0 said:

Did it really touch some elements of enlightenment no-ego thing or it was just a chemical illusion (that wasnt that illusional at all). 

If you have an enlightenment experience on acid or w/o you don't have to ask that question anymore, trust me.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

I stopped doing acid in my 20's when I would do a trip every few years ,  I would often feel alone in the world and quite imperfect and sad even with a full life.
I was left with an increased sense of empathy that haunted me for months after I dropped I would be super empathetic to others their situation seeing and feeling their pain sadness or neglect in their faces.

I'm less aware now and happy to be !