Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageModeAustin

stringing thoughts into words

7 posts in this topic

How do I string my thoughts into words better? 

I have ADHD, OCD, (I think slight autism as well) so my thoughts are very scattered/rapid which makes it hard to "catch."

I have trouble putting my words into a coherent linear manner at times, sometimes I do really good though it's weird. 

For example @Leo Gura is excellent at this as well as Jordan Peterson. 

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@SageModeAustin Journaling would be a huge step forward in your growth. 

Why? Because it would give you distance from your thoughts and would allow you to view them objectively. 

I recommend "Stream of Consciousness" writing, where you sit for 10 or 15 minutes and write down:

1.) How you feel

2.) What's on your mind

3.) What went right/wrong

4.) What to work on/improve

5.) What do i want? 

Relax and do not get distracted by emotions, do not get distracted by people presence, just like you are listening to what they are saying, but you just do not get attached to anything he/she says, or in which form it is presented,  you take information in and calmly respond.

When you are trying to develop a skill the only way to improve is to practice. Keep at it and maintain a journal to track the things you learned, the things you could do better, and the things you did well.

@Sahil Pandit Interesting that you say that because I naturally started journaling recently. I will try that.

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@purerogue i've been trying to do this too! Wow good tip