lostmedstudent

Why am I feeling this way? Is this a trap?

26 posts in this topic

@lostmedstudent In the words of Nisargadatta "You will lose intrest in worldly affairs". 

But, that doesn't mean everybody loses intrest. I get together with friends and see it happening. Talking politics for instance and each trying to push their point of view on the other. And I just sit there and observe how each lives in their own version of reality. And there is nothing to be done but to except reality exactly as it is and watch the illusion of worldly affairs unfolding. 

But I know how you feel on a worldly level too. It's sort of like having to sit through one of those really bad "B" movies with lousy acting and a weak story plot. But wishing it was a better movie doesn't change anything that is happening on the screen. It only adds to your own suffering.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

And I just sit there and observe how each lives in their own version of reality.

and is there meta-awareness to yourself sitting there and observing them... that there is @cetus56 who is playing the part of an observer to his friends watching them do their thing... ?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei Behind all of it there is silence. Beingness- the observer arising as the silence. On the surface there is cetus interacting with friends.

On 2018-12-10 at 8:48 PM, lostmedstudent said:

judge

@cetus56 wow that is a perfect analogy! Yes! Indeed! I need to watch the movie for what it is, judging it and saying it’s bad only makes it worse for me. Might as well engage with it ! 

Thanks