Freyah

"Insight knowledge is non-conceptual knowledge, right?"

28 posts in this topic

Thank you @Leo Gura

But..darn... must the The Truth be massive, vast, paradoxical, freaky, and so multi-dimensional....?!! I'm tired of looking for it....Can't it just be that pile of mess on the kitchen bench I'm about to clean up, and my kids sitting the breakfast table....? I have a feeling if I keep this relentless searching I might miss the beauty of it all...

@Preetom

Thanks for your reply, you are an excellent communicator.

Have you come across Douglas Harding...? No one seems to mention him too much. Is it that what he proposes is just too ridiculously simple? His are wordless teachings of headlessness... although he has written books- I find it miraculous (the simple experiments he proposes) to point out something so obvious, intimate and all consuming that the first time I saw it I said "Holy F@$k!" .... and I'm pretty darn satisfied with that discovery. For me it was a revelation. 

As you indicate, orgasmic-like mindblowing mystical experiences are one thing, but not IT....they fuel the search yes? (-and the search is necessary for anything to be satisfied from it I guess!) -but the experience doesn't last.....DH's teaching is another. It stays constantly with you once seen.... (the You that Is and Knows the entire universe :P !!) 

So, if you're self enquiring, and if you haven't tried this stuff, here's a link. What do you make of it?!

https://youtu.be/DzPlkxMjiz8

22 hours ago, Freyah said:

This is the title of a page on a Buddhist website I happened to look at.  I know one of these guys interacting has been an academic Buddhist monk for 15+ years... 

https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?t=2972

Is this what happens when you get bogged down within religious texts, religious academic interpretations, but not actually really looking or finding for yourself? You leave it up to the religious text to give you the answer to Ultimate Truth.. ..?

It seems that rather than go and actually experiencing it for yourself, you can end up debating definitions and Interpretations on an online forum...

Is this a way of getting deeply stuck...? In the academic study of a religion..? 

When you see Truth surely you will be able to have your own words by way of pointing to it, without needing confirmation of what a sutta said, or confirmation by a religious lineage. No doubt it will be clear without someone else telling you it is. 

What are others experiences of this in religious settings... ?Is Buddhism worse than other religions for this as there is a large body of work to lose oneself in academically?

@Preetom.....?

@Leo Gura....?

Do you really expect to get answers from Preetom or Leo Gura that are more close to actuality? Or is it that the buddhist answers  left you dissatisfied?

if the former the energy of your belief will determine. if the latter that's close to actuality

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

13 minutes ago, Freyah said:

@Preetom

Thanks for your reply, you are an excellent communicator.

Have you come across Douglas Harding...? No one seems to mention him too much. Is it that what he proposes is just too ridiculously simple? His are wordless teachings of headlessness... although he has written books- I find it miraculous (the simple experiments he proposes) to point out something so obvious, intimate and all consuming that the first time I saw it I said "Holy F@$k!" .... and I'm pretty darn satisfied with that discovery. For me it was a revelation. 

As you indicate, orgasmic-like mindblowing mystical experiences are one thing, but not IT....they fuel the search yes? (-and the search is necessary for anything to be satisfied from it I guess!) -but the experience doesn't last.....DH's teaching is another. It stays constantly with you once seen.... (the You that Is and Knows the entire universe :P !!) 

So, if you're self enquiring, and if you haven't tried this stuff, here's a link. What do you make of it?!

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check it out. I've seen DH mentioned a few times in this forum but didn't really looked into his method.

For me, I'm really grateful towards Rupert Spira for bringing all this home at an intellectual level very satisfactorily. So I kind of exhausted my superficial search for more content and now just get back to the most potent resources(books, videos etc) that feel right for me over and over again. It's basically self-inquiry, do or die for me now haha..

And about mystical experiences, 'something' does stick. It's not just the fireworks that pass away. I feel the wisdom-discrimination(neti neti) growing as time passes.

All the best with your journey. Just keep your 'head' up. Remember, it usually hits when you least expect it 9_9

And I'll reply back once I finish that video :D 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

54 minutes ago, Freyah said:

Just finished this video. Also watched another video where DH himself breaking it down (tube experiment).

It leads to the exact same recognition as self-inquiry! A non-located presence of being that is simultaneously no-thing and pervades everything without identification with anything particular 9_9

This is where I come back to(and fall out of) several times a day through doing self-inquiry. It's getting easier.

Thanks again for sharing it. I'll check out Richard Lang's Headless experiment series on Youtube later :) 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@ground

It felt like the debate on the Buddhist forum was going nowhere....that I thought it should:) lol. 

And I like Leo's and Preetoms way of expressing themselves. Perhaps because it 'resonates'....? 

But as for 'actuality' I'm learning I can't get closer to actuality than I am.... or escape from it.

What do you think @Ground, about getting close to actuality....? Can we get any closer than we are?

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course one can get stuck intellectualizing, but the Truth is also not as clear as most people imagine. The Truth is massive, vast, paradoxical, freaky, and so multi-dimensional so it can easily be glimpsed and misunderstood.

Hence the scriptures and teachings have value. A good teaching will give you a framework for understanding the Truth and points out common traps.

Very very few people access the Truth fully and clearly in one leap. It usually takes years of stumbling around and piecing things together.

The problem is that people turn the teachings into ideology without any direct experience or very limited direct experience.

This brings up a question I have that I’d love a more in depth answer on, even though you’ve touched on it in some of your videos on your blog: there’s a lot of different things people can awaken to...

• Unconditional divine love
  • Infinite intelligence
  • The “mind of God”
  • Ones true nature
  • What existence/life is
  • Nothingness
  • The collapse of the real vs unreal and how life is a dream
  • What the mind is
  • What is another

Obviously can keep probably keep going on. My question is more along the lines of... what determines one’s degree of depth of these different facets of enlightenment? As that doesn’t seem to be something I hear a lot of teachers talk about but I remember you’ve talked about on your vlogs on your blog, particularly on your 30 day meditation challenge, how when you’re taking those daily rounds of 5-MeO that you can’t see how a human being can possibly awaken to facets that deep. There seems to be depths of awakening of even particular facets. For example someone can awaken to No-Self on a shallow level and someone can awaken to No-Self in a radically deeper way.

Would love to get your take on this matter as I don’t hear it talked about that much

I think those who access the Truth fully are often Genius people who see how realities intricate web creates 'things' from the all.